Help with a vfc 416c

Ujustgotsarged
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys I need help I have a vfc 416c it's fully upgraded but the airseal is just terrible between the nozzle and hop unit, it had a nuprol double oring air nozzle put in and prowin hop unit, the only thing I can think is that it must be the hop. Has anyone had actual experience with this gun instead of the "I'm sure this will work" I have tried everything and no luck please help, I love this gun but the performance is just not there at the moment, BBS go about 15-20 meters before dropping and it's only at 270 FPS on a m110 spring, the rest of the internals are all upgraded so it has to be this. Sorry for long post. Please help!

No experience with this exact gun, but I've done plenty of leak hunting with V2, M4 type receivers and Prowin  hop ups.

First, I take it you're sure the problem lies with the nozzle/hop seal? 'Piece of paper' test confirms that there's a leak at that point?

If that's the case then there are a few reasons that the nozzle won't seal.

A list of all the other parts in the gun may help diagnose the problem.

What is the piece of paper test?

Prowin hop, prommy purple bucking, madbull tightbore barrel, nuprol double oring m4 nozzle, not sure on piston and cylinder make but the airseal on those is fantastic

Turn the gun upside down without a mag in, and place a small piece of paper or card over the BB feed nozzle in the mag well. Now die a shot on semi auto. The piece of paper should stay still. If it leaves the mag well then you've definitely got a leak!

Is the nozzle the right length? Could you measure (with digital calipers) the nuprol Vs your original?

Maybe the nuprol isn't long enough to contact the lips of the bucking. If you have an iPhone with the slow Mo video function, try filming the function of the nozzle going back and forth to see if it's contacting the bucking.

All I can suggest really!

Archived