Starting a club in this sport?

Earthern
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just now, Robert James said:

nice, just dont make it sound like a sales pitch. 

I had someone come to me at a game, and it sounded like he was trying to sell a group to me. "Do one" - I was there for fun, not work.

Haha, true. Nah my idea is just say that "I had this idea to make a local club as a way to go between different sites and try new things out while possibly saving some monies. What do you think of that idea."

Not gonna be like yo awesome club join it k? 

On 29/07/2017 at 5:47 PM, Earthern said:

Good Afternoon Everyone,

So i'm getting into airsoft but the closest place to me which is Gunman Eversley only runs a normal event once a month so I had a thought.

I am aware that many sports have private clubs created by random individuals such as badminton, tennis, football, etc. It usually involves the organiser hiring a court, field, etc. for a evening and then getting the members attending to pay him back. I'm wondering if it would be possible to apply this same logic to airsoft?

I am currently asking the Eversley site if that's something they support, but if I were to set up a club like that to run every week or two on a weekday evening do you think that would be successful? Additionally, even if it were possible, do you think a club in such a sport would actually work in financial terms?

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

C.M

Sites will take a private booking and Eversley are no different.

However, please bear in mind you are personally liable for take up and numbers.

They normally charge a flat fee to hire the site and I know they have such a booking for a weekend Milsim run by a group of friends in early September.

If people let you down and airsofters are notoriously fickle, you as the "organiser" are still responsible for paying the flat fee so you could be seriously out of pocket.

Do I think it will work financially on a regular basis ?

Who knows, but you have to ask yourself the honest question which is why would players come to your regular private club event when they can walk on any number of games at different sites in that area, when they can afford it and when they feel like it, without long term commitment.

Site organisers generally know what the optimum frequency is for running skirmishes at their sites, based on local competition, planning restrictions and reasonable player numbers.

Comparing airsoft with badminton, football etc is probably not a good analogy as it is very different activity in terms of the motivators.

Good luck but it needs some thought.

Archived