Reaper Airsoft Customs - AWOL

callumbagshaw
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

(Apologies if wrong section but I think this is "general discussion")

I sent Martin @ Reaper Airsoft Customs a pistol mag around May 7th, with the idea of him putting me a single drum/"snail" onto it.

At the time he told me to expect it back at the end of the month (May). I paid in full, in advance.

Given what I have already experienced with "custom airsoft" type companies/people, I took that with a pinch of salt anyway, so I actually expected it mid, to late-June.

June came and went, and after the 20th (ish) I sent him a few emails, spaced a few days apart, politely requesting an update on the status of my order.... no reply.

I've checked his facebook page, and the most recent update was on June 8th and read:

"Hi everyone, I apologise for the recent break in communications, unfortunately I had an unscheduled visit to the hospital and as most of you know I'm a one man operation. I'm working through the back log of messages as we speak. I apologise sincerely for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Fortunately, Martin ran things by-the-book, and invoiced me via Paypal correctly, so iIve opened a dispute with PayPal, which (with or without Matrin's co-operation) should be resolved tomorrow (27th July).

However, that isn't going to get me my magazine back (and the HPA tap I sent with it too, which aren't cheap these days either), and more importantly - I really wanted the drum mag too!

Of course, I hope Martin is OK and in good health, but looking at this purely from a customer's point of view - I'm a bit p!ssed off!

It does seem odd, as until he went AWOL, Martin was a pleasure to deal with and usually replied quickly.
Anyone know anything I don't?

Cheers.

Sounds really awful to say, but if his last update to anyone was on June 8th saying he'd suddenly gone into hospital, are you sure he's "still with us", so to speak?

• Supporters

^^^, dark, but possible I guess... I haven't heard anything recently, my MP7 mag is still going strong. Hope you get your mag sorted...

13 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

Sounds really awful to say, but if his last update to anyone was on June 8th saying he'd suddenly gone into hospital, are you sure he's "still with us", so to speak?

Well, this did cross my mind, hence the post - I know there are people on these forums who either know him, or are in contact with him more frequently than the average customer.

Damn, I hope the dude is ok and that you will get what you ordered soon enough. it looks like that there were some videos shared on 7th of July but that's about it on Reaper Airsoft FB page.

So I've just checked my PayPal dispute over the weekend and I've been refunded.

Not sure if the refund was part of PayPal buyer protection, or whether Reaper commissioned the refund...

Either way, I'm back where I was three months ago now, except I'm at a loss of 1 pistol mag and 1 HPA valve.

Hope Martin is OK, and if he gets back to me I'll be happy to pay him again to receive what i wanted in the first place!

If anyone hears anything please let me know.

• Supporters

I PM'd him as I need a VFC M27 mag done for a MilSim in September, but that was a week ago and it hasnt even been read. These is another guy in the EU who does what Reaper does as well, AlyanAirsoft if you cant wait for Reaper. (https://www.facebook.com/AlyanCustoms/)

I love Reaper's work and I would go back to him in a heartbeat if he was around, but as I need a mag on the sooner end I might have to give Alyan a try. Plus, if Reaper does reappear, I bet he will have a lot of work before he would take new orders.

• Supporters
56 minutes ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

I PM'd him as I need a VFC M27 mag done for a MilSim in September, but that was a week ago and it hasnt even been read. These is another guy in the EU who does what Reaper does as well, AlyanAirsoft if you cant wait for Reaper. (https://www.facebook.com/AlyanCustoms/)

I love Reaper's work and I would go back to him in a heartbeat if he was around, but as I need a mag on the sooner end I might have to give Alyan a try. Plus, if Reaper does reappear, I bet he will have a lot of work before he would take new orders.

Don't waste your money on alyan airsoft, the mag I got off him is junk, the valve leaks constantly and is arranged backwards to how all other gas mag valves work :angry:

• Supporters

Hmm, well, it also seems he does mostly WE guns and mags, and I need a VFC. know of anyone else who can do these?

• Root Admin

He can tap anything AFAIK. It's all done through putting a 1/8NPT hole in the mag then bonding it to the fitting. Obviously it's a bit more complex than that, but not a whole lot - he just makes sure it's a good finish.

So I see no reason why VFC mags couldn't be done.

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, proffrink said:

He can tap anything AFAIK. It's all done through putting a 1/8NPT hole in the mag then bonding it to the fitting. Obviously it's a bit more complex than that, but not a whole lot - he just makes sure it's a good finish.

So I see no reason why VFC mags couldn't be done.

I am sure he can, but Sp00n's review, well, didn't paint him in the best light. If I get confirmation something happened to Reaper and he is out of action then I might give him a try, but until then I will likely keep searching the interwebs and try to find others. 

• Supporters

Ive been working on making my own high cap HPA mag for my TM M&P 9, but it is radically different from Reaper's and Alyan's. But now that I think about it it may very well be doable with other guns... I might go ahead and do it.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Robert James said:

Sorry I thought it was painting. I'll see myself out. 

I wish I still lived in the U.K., I would have sent GearTech so many things to be done. His stuff is amazing, but he can't help me here haha

Just now, SeniorSpaz87 said:

I wish I still lived in the U.K., I would have sent GearTech so many things to be done. His stuff is amazing, but he can't help me here haha

He might be able to.. I'm really not sure though. I know an airsoft gun to go state side needs to have an orange tip but maybe a custom painted one with an orange tip would work? Who knows. 

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Robert James said:

He might be able to.. I'm really not sure though. I know an airsoft gun to go state side needs to have an orange tip but maybe a custom painted one with an orange tip would work? Who knows. 

Yea, I can get them in legally, without too much trouble. The issue is the cost. Shipping a 16lbs Airsoft gun both ways across the Atlantic is a little pricy haha

9 minutes ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Yea, I can get them in legally, without too much trouble. The issue is the cost. Shipping a 16lbs Airsoft gun both ways across the Atlantic is a little pricy haha

True. But worth it...

• Supporters

Anyone got a pic of the HPA valves you want in the mags? I think any machining/engineering shop can make you a HPA mag, would depend on the thread and the amount of metal you have to work with. I guess you just replace the normal gas fill valve?

• Root Admin

They absolutely can. It's a 1/8NPT thread tap. Simple. In fact, if you have access to a pillar drill and some basic bits and a thread tap then really anybody can do it.

However, Reaper does a good job of it and has a decent reputation for the work they put out. If you're interested in doing it there may be a gap in the market. He does also know where/how to strengthen the right parts of the magazine - allegedly he uses a lot of resin for certain magazines as the walls are quite thin in places, so it might not be 100% straight forward for some.

Archived