CYMA cm.515 Technical help

Raijin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

I am fairly new to the airsoft scene and I recently bought a two tone M4 off of Patrol Base (I know, I probably should of waited a while and bought a proper one that I could use at a site without looking stupid, but I wanted to get a general kind of feel for an airsoft rilfe before going to a site at all :lol:) which overall is pretty decent. I was wondering if anyone on here could help out as it never came with a manual or anything so I'm not sure how to deal with any motor problems, jamming issues or wiring issues as I don't want to break it by attempting to dismantle it or anything along those lines. My technical know how is limited to removing the battery and accessing the hop up (which I also haven't touched yet as the rifle does seem to fire a little off, but again I don't wanna mess with something I don't know about).

Main problem though is I think I have a feeding problem in both semi and auto as about 8 bb's will fire and then it will start to either jam or just not feed them up properly. The magazine does release the bb's as 4 or 5 fall out when the mag is removed. I have tried buying a new magazine (it was a metal mid-cap one off of amazon) to see if that was the problem but this one appears to be doing the same thing :unsure:

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, I have contacted Patrol Base about these issues and they suggested trying new bb's but I'm not sure and wanted to consult others as well :)

• Supporters

Try some ASG .2s and see if the problem persists. Also have you cleaned the barrel recently?

Can't help with the fault, but have to say no one looks stupid with two tone. They're toy guns in a game of adult cowboys and indians, you play with what you have and have fun doing it and you're doing it right ;)

33 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Try some ASG .2s and see if the problem persists. Also have you cleaned the barrel recently?

Cheers, I shall give them a shot and see if they help. No I haven't done any maintenance on it yet  as I have only had it at least a month and a half and I never got any manuals or anything saying how to with the rifle.

34 minutes ago, warlord said:

Can't help with the fault, but have to say no one looks stupid with two tone. They're toy guns in a game of adult cowboys and indians, you play with what you have and have fun doing it and you're doing it right ;)

That's fine dude. Cheers though, I will keep that in mind ^_^

34 minutes ago, Ninjacabbage said:

Have you tried dialling the hop right off and seeing if it still jams?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JBHs3Pmn_KI

I haven't yet no, like I said in my post I didn't want to mess with it just in case. I will give it a try in the morning though before I order any BB's and see if this solves the problem. Cheers :)

• Supporters

If you purchased the rifle new you should have got a cleaning/unjamming rod with the gun, if you have, your best bet is to look up a video on YouTube on how to clean the barrel, it's easier than trying to describe it step by step!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Raijin said:

I have a feeding problem in both semi and auto as about 8 bb's will fire and then it will start to either jam....

BB's or you are not winding the mag enough or hop too far on etc.......

Bulldog bb's WHERE ok for me despite others saying they are crap but that was about 2-3 years ago

I might have got lucky or gun I was using wasn't so picky most likely

If you can buy a bag of G&G's 0.20's - think you would be pushed to find a crappy review of these

Other makes are OK but think most will accept the G&G's are consistent from batch to batch

Some other decent makes can be fine for a while but can turn crap a few months later

The cyma 515 & 517 are decent cheap guns - not quite a G&G Raider but way better than any/most JBBG crap

It is plastic but quite sound inside - mag is plastic but it works

Mine weren't too picky on feeding sweet on Rockets & G&G BB's

and I know some Rockets were a whisker egg shape

(you see how good & perfectly round bb's are when you drop then through an ultra tight bore barrel)

I'd say you are not winding the mag enough - keep winding well after you see bb's appear

(you won't bust it - keep winding to get tension, the tension drops after say 20-30 bb's & no feed)

I'd say when it stops feeding or dry fires - starting winding mag in the gun a good dozen or so times

or

crap bb's - every now n then you get an egg or swollen bb causing a jam

or

try another mag, some mags feed better than others in some guns - but you did that

(personally think it is not enough tension = only slight tension to feed 8 bb's and then needs winding - much more)

clean barrel - or half clean it if full of gunk but think it is bb or most likely not enough tension on mag

if you have no manual then look up almost any manual or guide for a M4 AEG will suffice

(most china guns just use same guides anyway - not rocket science)

Above all - FFS when removing mag make sure you clear the gun by firing a good few shots to clear it

there is always one in the gun half prepared or chambered to fire

MAKE SURE YOU CLEAR THE GUN TO MAKE SAFE

plenty of clips of people shooting TV's n stuff thinking it wasn't loaded

yes very funny - until it is somebody's eye !!!

SO if you have no manual then understand just how paramount it is to clear the gun - remove mag & fire 3-6 single shots

hope some of this helps & stay safe (eye pro & clear gun etc...)

1 hour ago, Prisce said:

If you purchased the rifle new you should have got a cleaning/unjamming rod with the gun, if you have, your best bet is to look up a video on YouTube on how to clean the barrel, it's easier than trying to describe it step by step!

I believe I did get one with it, will look it out tomorrow :) 

1 hour ago, Sitting Duck said:

BB's or you are not winding the mag enough or hop too far on etc...

Cheers for all the advice, I always make sure I am wearing eye protection and have cleared the gun after removing the mag (like you mentioned, I have seen enough videos to know what happens if I don't check ^_^)  I will be attempting to adjust the hop up tomorrow so I will check up on my mag winding then as well before I make any BB orders and the like :)

Archived