New starter

Georgej97
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I'm just getting into airsoft, I have just purchased my first AEG which is a g&g cm16 raider, not a really high end gun but it's okay since I'm just starting. Either way I just want some advice as to what you all think I should replace first, not really bothered about the gun being madly accurate or powerful, I just want to get it to a decent standard of reliability. Obviously the stock out the box version of the gun isnt as good as it could be. So what would you all recommended sorting first, thankyou.

I'm new too but I'd suggest to just enjoy it as is for now.  Get a feel for it after a few games and then you'll have a better idea of what needs improving.  Or wait until something breaks.

From similar posts the advice has been to keep it standard and buy a better weapon before getting into modding...

• Supporters

Leave it be.

The best advice we can give you is use good quality BBs, preferably .25g or .28g, keep the barrel clean and use a 7.4v lipo. 

(Perhaps convert to deans also)

Then save the money you would spend on upgrading the G&G and buy a higher end gun/ the design you want and modify it.

The CM16 is great out of the box, and any mods you do to it aren't likely to improve its reliability or effectiveness.

.28's are good, but I seem to come across many CQB sites where the limit is .25. So depends where you want to play as to what you can use. On the outdoor parts I certainly felt I was getting better stability with 28's

If you're exclusively playing CQB, I'd put in a lower powered spring like an SP85 or SP90, but only if you're feeling disappointed with the ROF and don't want to spend shedloads doing stuff to a motor that's already decent out the box for its price.

Play some more first, then you can ask yourself your question and you'll already know the answer. 

I got  mine a  couple  of weeks or so ago. I was two small but cheap extras 

I got an angled fore grip and red dot sight

Was about 20 for the pair.  Just a heads up ( because it made me panic) on my one  on semi auto  sometimes the  trigger get stuck And you have to swap to auto for a shot to clear it. Spoke to couple of people  including my shop an he said he normal and should stop itself once it broken in a bit 

Archived