g&p m4a1 small burst on auto then nothing

jamus
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi i bought a G&P m4a1 from wolf armouries, full metal, the gun itself is good and the only problem i have is that the rifle when on full auto fires for about 4 seconds then blank fires, regardless of it being a full mag ect i have to stop and wind the gun again, its not the mag as i tried 4 different mags, 2 of which were different makes to what i own, i think its the hop up, but could it be the battery? im not entirely certain it wud be sinces its only a 8.4 mini type. any help would be greatly appreciated

they all wobble a little bit i can fix that with some insulated tape layered on the back of the mag but even then the problem persists

• AF-UK Founding Member

What BB's are you using? Does it help if you push the mag up into the gun when you fire? Can you confirm the other mags you tried were fine in someone else's gun with the same BB's?

the ones that i normally use, i only buy them from my local site, they work fine in every one elses guns, i even tried one of the places own mags against my own and still the same effect, it fires for a little longer when their pushed up abit but nothing that solves my problem

Does the gun fire ok on semi ? most g&ps have a high rof as standard but with a 8.4 the mag should keep up

was all the mags you tested hi-caps ? and is there any chance you can get hold of any other bb's ( ask mates with pistols they all come with a little bag of nice bb's and they might have some hidden some place )

my problems with g&ps feeding in the past have been :

mags not able to keep up with feeding ( clean mags )

mag not seating with the hop correct so no bb's are released ( had to trim the mags release tube a little so the hop fitted in side and pushed bb release catch back

mags to small so the mag catch does not hold them in place fully ( fixed with goog old tape or new mag catch or bending the mag catch hole out a little )

and bb's some guns just dont like some brands of bb at all

Does the gun fire ok on semi ? most g&ps have a high rof as standard but with a 8.4 the mag should keep up

was all the mags you tested hi-caps ? and is there any chance you can get hold of any other bb's ( ask mates with pistols they all come with a little bag of nice bb's and they might have some hidden some place )

my problems with g&ps feeding in the past have been :

mags not able to keep up with feeding ( clean mags )

mag not seating with the hop correct so no bb's are released ( had to trim the mags release tube a little so the hop fitted in side and pushed bb release catch back

mags to small so the mag catch does not hold them in place fully ( fixed with goog old tape or new mag catch or bending the mag catch hole out a little )

and bb's some guns just dont like some brands of bb at all

yeah it fires on semi fine half the time, which is odd, have you got any pictures i could use for reference on what you mean by cleaning the mag, trimming ect, ill try them out when i get the chance and yeh ill give another brand of bbs a try as well and see if thats any better

g and p metal bodied guns are fussy with the mags they take. just because another model of G and P gun takes the mag and feeds well does not mean that it will happen with all. I have had many many aegs (been playing for over 12 years) and many of them are g and P (love the brand) but you have got to know which mags will feed and fit properly in your specific on.

In general what I have found the mid caps for g & P are great with the gun (obviously ) but never pre load them over night or there will be feeding issues.

Never use cheap china hi caps with G & P. there will always be feeding issues. They are cheap for a reason and it is usually because they are crap. Working for 80% of the time is not acceptable no matter what others will say. most people who say they are fine have never played with an entirely TM load out. when you do, you wil notice the difference.

Buy TM hicap mags.

If you like midcaps... magpul pmags and emags work a treat. again try to see if you g and p will fit. If they go into the magwell fine then they will feed. some non m version pmags will not even fit in some g and p metal bodies.

don't use cheap bbs. I use blaster brand and in my opinion they are better then excels.

Archived