Barrel extention and suppresor setup. Help!

AirsoftAugM4
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I want to be able to put a longer barrel and suppresor on my cm16 srs for outdoors to increase range but be able to easily remove it for cqb. Can anyone recommend a good setup? Im UK based if that helps. Any help would be really apreciated. Also im kinda new ish to airsoft so sorry if im being a bit of a noob.

You're not really going to increase range by doing that. Adding an longer outer barrel would be for appearance only.

The fps is reliant upon inner barrel length and the air volume displaced by the piston. So a change in inner barrel length should be matched by a change in cylinder displacement - if I have read things correctly.

Playing with a short gun indoors or outdoors should be just fine. Try it out unchanged and if you feel would want some length try out a long suppressor.

Barrel length makes no difference to range or accuracy once you're over about 200mm. As warlord pointed out barrel length needs to be matched with cylinder volume. Simply sticking a longer barrel on will probably reduce fps  and accuracy.

Cheapest, easiest and the most effective way to increase range and accuracy is to use good quality, heavier BBs, at least 0.25g, 0.28g for preference. As long as the hop rubber in your CM is in good condition it should manage 0.28g OK

Archived