Need help with finding a vest

Blackbeard01
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am looking at putting together a cqb load out aim for aesthetics more than anything. One of the aspects I am really struggling with however is the vest. I want a vest that will include a large neck protecter and shoulder pads ect like in the picture. The only vest I've found which others this is a matrix vest but it doesn't hold any plates. This is really a must for me as I wanted to used dummy sappi plates filled with sand for authenticity. Are there any vests out there I am missing? 

Thanks in advance 

image.jpg

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I don't want to start any trouble, but can I ask why?

It'll be a really bulky set up and whilst the real world application must be invaluable, In a CQB, airsoft situation, it'll make you really huge  target and tight corridors and doors will become a slow and and bothersome hindrance.

Also, with that much padding, feeling your hits could an issue? 

If it's the extra pain from CQB you're worried about, it's not as bad as you think :)

• Supporters

You WILL melt in that lot!

You could look at a full OTV rig, that'll come with the shoulder bells and the neck protector https://www.aliexpress.com/popular/otv-body-armor.html

Robert James: they are exactly what I'm looking for but they are real steel vests, way out of my price range and I'd imagine very difficult to get hold of in the UK. 

LewisD: I was playing a cqb game a while back at one of the woodland sites I go to. They decided they were going to throw a cqb game in without warning so I was playing with a t shirt and and glasses. Although being hit doesn't really hurt I was worried about losing my teeth so I looked at getting a full face set up and noticed you could get a police riot helmet for £20 which led to the inspiration of a police inspired kit. I'm aware it will be bulky (I'm more concerned about heat trap) but I feel like I need an authentic feeling load out now. If I go with a standard black load out then I'm essentially going to have a black version of my woodland load out so I want to build something really bulky and heavy. I'm going to throw an s10 gas mask on under the helmet too just to add to the immersion factor.

really appreciate the replies guys, thanks a lot. 

21 minutes ago, Blackbeard01 said:

Robert James: they are exactly what I'm looking for but they are real steel vests, way out of my price range and I'd imagine very difficult to get hold of in the UK. 

LewisD: I was playing a cqb game a while back at one of the woodland sites I go to. They decided they were going to throw a cqb game in without warning so I was playing with a t shirt and and glasses. Although being hit doesn't really hurt I was worried about losing my teeth so I looked at getting a full face set up and noticed you could get a police riot helmet for £20 which led to the inspiration of a police inspired kit. I'm aware it will be bulky (I'm more concerned about heat trap) but I feel like I need an authentic feeling load out now. If I go with a standard black load out then I'm essentially going to have a black version of my woodland load out so I want to build something really bulky and heavy. I'm going to throw an s10 gas mask on under the helmet too just to add to the immersion factor.

To be honest, if your going for a police loadout, you wouldnt need anything like what Rook is (Rainbow Six Siege), I have seen a lot of Police loadouts that look awesome, try googling different country police or special units loadouts i.e SWAT.

If you have plates on it, then you may not feel bb's hit you - thats also something else to consider although each to their own. 

Black swat load out, with gas mask and chest rig 6f13075022c3e3ac66b1c8b42066a592--swat-g

You can also follow this link to a Pinterest post re SWAT loadouts - https://www.pinterest.co.uk/holyjerry/swat/?lp=true

Edit: - http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-rigs-plate-carriers-assault-vests/viper-tactical-elite-carrier-molle-chest-rig-black.htm#.WXCzSojyuUk

That can carry plates... there seem to be a few on Patrol base that do :) Good luck

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Blackbeard01 said:

Lizard: they are rigs I've been looking at for A while but I don't think they take plates. I've not seen anywhere which says they do. 

OTVs are designed to go over body armour if I remember correctly.

The IOTV is designed to take ESAPI plates http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-IOTV-Molle-Armor-Vest-Cover-Replica-5-Color-Airsoft-Game-/161388546934

• Supporters

Just for reference, this is what the game character appears to be wearing http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/personal/verseidag-ballistic-protection/verseidag-ballistic-protection1.html and as far as I am aware nobody makes an "airsoft" version of this. You're going to be pretty much stuck with something like an OTV/IOTV or the old MilTec riot police vest.

i got 2 x rigs that can be added 2 1 is green and other is in tan booth can take full plates and you can add shoulder protectors and neck protector at you own leisure other option is osprey mk4 which take plates have high and lo neck collars and upper arm protectors downside is they are mtp i have a few in stock atm 

20 hours ago, Blackbeard01 said:

I love it, I love the look of a great loadout, I could easily be a cosplay nerd. When I first started I spend a lot of time and money building a swat/sas inspired CQB loadout, Jumpsuit, Loaded Black PC, S10 mask under a fast helm for CQB.

After 20 mins of my first game I was down to a longsleeve T with a battle belt and a standard mesh mask under a baseball cap and 90% of that gear I took ages to get now sits in my garage :( 

So why well thought out loadouts are great, great to look at, great fun to build. They are not practical, cosplayers dont spend all day running around tight corridors brushing past people carrying heavy guns, mags etc.

Archived