Coming up to my third game and Ukara.

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Coming up to my 3rd game and receiving my Ukara. 

I have picked up some Eye and face protection (Bullet Ant Revision goggles and Onetigris mesh mash. 

Spent quite a bit of time holding various RIFS. Is it so bad that the most comfortable RIF I have held is the TM Famas SV? I know the arguments against getting the old beast Famas, but can they compete from a ROF and FPS point of view with newer designs?

I love how lightweight it is and how quick it is to bring up to fire. The creaking sucks but is not a deal breaker. I could go for the Cybergun Nylon fibre version, which in theory has a more upgradeable gearbox but the TM is probably more reliable.

Does anyone run with a Famas week in week out? Any opinions?

My budget allows for two RIFs and I already have a TM Strike Warrior on a buy hire scheme if it makes a difference. 

I guess I am looking for one decent reliable RIF and one somewhat off the wall one. Currently looking at an ICS CXP Ape, G&G FN2000 and Ares TAR21 Standard.

• Supporters

Famas am bestest gnu!

But seriously, if you like them, go for it. Worth bearing in mind that most if not all bullpups can be a bit fiddly if you ever have to to do anything to them internally. The G&G FN2000 is a lovely gun but by Christ it's a heavy beast! If you go for the hunter version with the built in scope it's even worse!

• 2 weeks later...
On Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 4:42 PM, Lozart said:

Famas am bestest gnu!

But seriously, if you like them, go for it. Worth bearing in mind that most if not all bullpups can be a bit fiddly if you ever have to to do anything to them internally. The G&G FN2000 is a lovely gun but by Christ it's a heavy beast! If you go for the hunter version with the built in scope it's even worse!

I have managed to find a brand new F2000 with the hunter scope. Is it really that much heavier? Is the scope actually usable?

Hi, I understand that you seem to really like bullpup type rifles. But if you're buying your first rifle, I'd suggest an m4/ar platform for a few reasons. 

-they are easier to upgrade and solve problems on, most techs can work on them

-they have endless customization options to make the rifle personal and perfect for your use

-finally, many manufacturers make different versions at different price ranges, so you can easily find something to fit your budget

Obviously you dont have to listen to me, but its just a suggestion

Just managed to pick up 3 new TM Hicaps, Cybergun scope rail and Ris rail. They may need some modification to install on. The TM (I have gone with the F1 as the SV can't install any bottom rail due to handle)

I have also picked up a supposed TM compatible sling which hooks onto the Bipod mount. 

Now to buy the RIF, think about a Red dot/acog and get some sort of battery and charger.. 

I have now picked up (deferred shipping until I get Ukara) a Cybergun licensed Fn2000 in tan/Dark Earth. Can't wait to get my Ukara! 

Still haven't decided on a reliable gun between an ICS G33F or ICS CXP APE

Archived