AOE question

ProPain87
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If it's any consolation my CQB gun has just been apart and together three times after it broke a tappet plate then went from 325fps to 50fps in four shots for no apparent reason after the bust bit was replaced.

But you do get good at taking the bloody things apart and putting them back together after the fifth or sixth time...

So used the gun today working fine no issues all day, quieter than before so happy with that so just need to up the fps a little as it was around 295-300 and will probably flat hop it too :)

Found my lost fps. SHS tappet plate +SHS sector delay chip =150fps going missing.

Glad yours is working OK.

So what's that from? faulty parts or not very well matching to the rest of your gearbox? Have you fixed it

It worked fine with the JG tappet plate, but not with the SHS one. So now I've got a spare sector chip sitting in the 'tub of gub'. Once I took it out everything worked fine again.

• Supporters

SHS tappet plates are quite thick at the front where nozzle fits

They are about 2.55mm to 2.60mm

PLUS

if you look really carefully you see the ridge on which nozzle sits it off center towards the back

Other tappets are 2.0mm hard plastic like SRC

Or 2.25mm thickness

I sand the front of SHS tappet plate down to near 2.0mm

This may not seem a big deal - but it is the difference of a nozzle sealing properly or just lightly on bucking

Too light seal and the lips will blow under pressure when firing = fps loss

SHS tappets are still good and they do seem to retract a tiny bit more which means better feeding

Must check tappet doesn't bottom out on cylinder head at full retraction in some builds

Due to these slight differences that can effect all sorts of stuff hence check EVERYTHING you replace

tappet - nozzle length especially and how crap all fits together - operating as smooth as silk etc...

Think we are all still learning new crap with every box we do - I know I am

I sand the front of SHS tappet plates as a matter of course, and I've had a couple of occasions when they won't retract quite far enough to stop the sector lug chewing up the fin.

Bloody toy guns....

Archived