MotoVlogs.....

Guest PT247
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest PT247

Anyone into motovlogs? I love watching others so started up a second channel and filmed my rides. I find it really soothing watching other peoples so hope some of you enjoy mine:

I know it is off topic but there are a good few bikers amongst us! :D

I watch some moto vlogs once in a while, not too often though. Don't record my own riding, mainly because I don't want to incriminate myself for the case I get stopped and they check footage :D

Guest PT247
4 minutes ago, Robert James said:

No, they can ask you for the SD card if they feel that there is incriminating evidence on it.

https://motorbikewriter.com/police-ask-camera/

That isn't a UK site, but yes, they can ask for it but can't seize your property without cause so they would have had to have seen you breaking the law in the first place so you would already be screwed! :D

Hasn't happened to me (since I don't use camera on bike), but heard from other fellow bikers who had their camera recording viewed at by the coppers on the road after being stopped, hence I don't do it :D

not sure yet. haven't really thought that far ahead.

I was told the place i'm doing the training at use Yamaha XJ600's which don't seem to bad from what i can find.

I'm not really built for sports bikes so will be looking at more of a cruiser style bike. once i've completed everything i'll go looking and see what i can get on with

Guest PT247

I was very tempted with getting a Harley for a bit, glad I chose to customise my Moto Guzzi instead. Cruisers are a good choice of bike if you are happy to bimble... not that they don't go fast, just that they are a different ride. I like upright bikes, can't get on with sportsbikes for anything other than track riding.

• 4 months later...
On 26/07/2017 at 4:30 AM, springs said:

i've started recently to watch a couple only as i'll be doing my DAS in a few weeks.

How did you get on with your test bud?

I've pretty much stopped posting airsoft vids now as it is too hard to get anywhere with it. My Motovlog channel is doing pretty well now though! :)

Here is my favorite video I've put together so far this year:

12 minutes ago, PT247 said:

How did you get on with your test bud?

Passed with only a few of minors.

got a bike back in september and have stopped riding for the year at the end of october / early november, too cold and didn't want to splash more cash this year on more gear just for a couple of months use if that.

Hmmmm, bikes, I’ve had a few. Don’t think I kept any vids though.

My last one got close to killing me....

vq9WFrO.png

This was favourite road bike though

uYk7BWy.jpg

2 minutes ago, PT247 said:

nice, nifty all rounder there @springs I am partial to the supermotos myself @rocketdogbert my last was a Husky SM510R, gutted there isn't really the choice in them anymore unless you build your own!

I had a KTM 660SMC as my first SM, unbreakable, but vibrated like buggery, the SXV550 was way more tractable and smooth, and fast enough to be used everywhere lol.

I crashed the K5 in the pits at Brands a while after this photo was taken (it’s at Snetterton).

Highsided it at 20ish mph, broke my left ankle in two places, compound fractures to both femurs, broke my left hand and my right wrist and right thumb, did a load of nerve damage.

Helicoptered to hospital, where I stayed for 7 weeks :-/

how the hell did you manage so much damage to yourself in the pitlane? :D

I love Brands GP circuit. My first trackday had me break my back and pelvis.... was back on a trackday before I was back at work from it! :D

5 hours ago, PT247 said:

how the hell did you manage so much damage to yourself in the pitlane? :D

I love Brands GP circuit. My first trackday had me break my back and pelvis.... was back on a trackday before I was back at work from it! :D

Nasty!

I hit one of the metal posts that protect the external power points 

• 1 month later...

Archived