Is there anywhere that's actually reliable?

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Seems like nearly every time I try to get something or sort something out, things just go wrong.

I've had issue after issue with CombatUK saying they have things in stock or saying they've upgraded things when they haven't, now I've tried to collect some stuff from ActionHobbies that I paid for online and there was basically nobody there so I ended up driving out to Milton Keynes for nothing and now I'm going back during rush hour empty handed.

It's getting close to rant time!

• Supporters

Patience sir. It's the key to buying anything. 

Do you mean kombatuk or Combat Uk? Combat UK are my local shop and are very very good, just give them a ring and they are quick honest and very helpful, only downside is it's a little more expensive than anywhere else.

Have you tried surplusstore in crawley, i have been using them for a few years, they are always helpful and tend to always have a good amount of stock in.. if you get to talk to boss dan he will also do his best to price match and give you the best deal he can..

ATB, Marc..

45 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Patience sir. It's the key to buying anything. 

Do you mean kombatuk or Combat Uk? Combat UK are my local shop and are very very good, just give them a ring and they are quick honest and very helpful, only downside is it's a little more expensive than anywhere else.

Nope Combat UK. They're my local too, but eventually I just kept having too many problems - and ran out of patience with them. The final straw was when they refused a refund or store credit after I'd taken back a faulty gun which was missing parts and had a broken slide. When I went to pick up the replacement, they didn't have it, told me I should come back the next day. Came back the next day, they still didn't have it. Asked for a refund, and they wouldn't do it. Eventually just had to wait for them to post it.

Also paid them quite a lot to build me a BAR-10. Waited ages for the parts to come in, finally after I think 2 weeks, they said that all the upgrade parts were in, just waiting for the base gun itself. We'd gone through all the specs beforehand, and after I think about a month, I picked it up, it never shot right and kept double feeding - impossible to play with. Took it in to them and they said there was no problem, all the upgrades were working fine. Only when another tech opens it up to look at it at a game site do I discover that they never actually upgraded the hop, and the stock rubber was kinked. Now I've asked for a list of the upgrade parts that actually went into it, but they said "oh, i don't know it was a long time ago", (it was done in March) and that was two weeks ago, never heard anything from them since.

9 minutes ago, Marc.RG1 said:

Have you tried surplusstore in crawley, i have been using them for a few years, they are always helpful and tend to always have a good amount of stock in.. if you get to talk to boss dan he will also do his best to price match and give you the best deal he can..

ATB, Marc..

Yes actually, good call - I got my first AEG from them. There was a faulty battery or charger and they were great on sending a replacement quickly.

Hi mate.. Yeah they are a good bunch of guys in there, lol ive bought way to many guns from them.. They have also replaced a few lemon guns for me too, to be honest they are not the cheapest around, but its a big shop with a lot of overheads and they will lower prices if asked nicely and if they can.. its one of my local gun shops so i tend to travel down there rather then shopping online with them..

2 minutes ago, Marc.RG1 said:

Hi mate.. Yeah they are a good bunch of guys in there, lol ive bought way to many guns from them.. They have also replaced a few lemon guns for me too, to be honest they are not the cheapest around, but its a big shop with a lot of overheads and they will lower prices if asked nicely and if they can.. its one of my local gun shops so i tend to travel down there rather then shopping online with them..

Lemon guns?

Unfortunately, they're 100 miles drive from me.

LOL yeah lemon guns, guns that normally are pretty good, but broke on me..

Ahh yeah 100 miles is way to far to travel really, thats a shame mate... Luckily they are about 20 miles from me.. must admit though in most cases parts wise i buy abroad online, savings in this hobby/sport can really help cant it..

ATB, Marc..

Patrol Base in Huddersfield is very reliable, great staff, good stock. A five minute walk from my house too so I go in quite frequently (too frequently some might say)

15 hours ago, JS123 said:

Patrol Base in Huddersfield is very reliable, great staff, good stock. A five minute walk from my house too so I go in quite frequently (too frequently some might say)

Had to return some mags to them that wouldn't fit my CM16, sent them 2 emails with no response, couldn't get through on the phone and they seem to be the only shop where the support on their website just puts you through to another random customer. Eventually gave up and sold the mags to someone who had a compatible gun.

I think they might be one of the busiest airsoft retailers in the country, but I suspect they could do with hiring some additional staff to be able to support so many customers. If it's local it's easy as you can just walk in.

• Moderators

probably only have the one phone, i have issues at times with firesupport trying to get through as i believe they only have the one phone :mellow:

7 hours ago, djben9 said:

probably only have the one phone, i have issues at times with firesupport trying to get through as i believe they only have the one phone :mellow:

Thing with fire support is they're always in the back teching and I don't think they have a phone there. The times I've visited, they've always been empty, but somehow busy with their own things.

Crawley Surplus, Airsoft World, Gunfire, Taiwan Gun and Fire Support have been the most reliable retailers I have used of late.

Had a few slips from Land Warrior, Combat South and Action Hobbies in that time, sadly.

9 hours ago, Dentonboy said:

Crawley Surplus, Airsoft World, Gunfire, Taiwan Gun and Fire Support have been the most reliable retailers I have used of late.

Had a few slips from Land Warrior, Combat South and Action Hobbies in that time, sadly.

TaiwanGun were great - they fitted the extra internals I bought for the M4 I got from them at no extra cost - I think because they had it opened up for downgrading anyway, so thought they'd just make life easier for me. Shame about UPS lol.

I received my delivery from Taiwan gun last Friday and didn't have a single issue with UPS, what happened with yours ?  

Combat UK had a stall at the RIFT Ridge site on Sunday and I noticed they were quite expensive I thought it might have been a mark up for being on site but obviously not lol certainly didn't tempt me to buy anything especially since my friend ordered a box of ammo for his m249 and they forgot to bring it on the day which is bad news for a high ROF support gun.. lol

Try ammo drop, the guy who runs it also runs the skirmish site I'm a member of and I can honestly say I can't fault his service so far , I've also put a TM AK into repair with him and he has a very reasonably priced service for tech work as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Wolf Armouries and ProAirsoftSupplies are my two local stores. Both have been excellent.

I bought an optic from PAS and ended up not liking it. Took it back to the store and they refunded me straight away. Their store is great and they've got some nice stuff, just a shame that a lot of it is out of stock.

Had history with Wolf Armouries for about 8 years or so, never really had an issue with them. Their store looks fantastic inside too! They're both based in London so you'd probably need them to deliver but I'd recommended both.

Archived