Best Budget GBB Starter gun

Eimantas01
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Pistol or rifle? What type of pistol do you like the look of? Or rifle? Have you looked through the forum classifieds, probably the best place to get a cheap pistol.

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, ThisAirsoftDude said:

I would like to know what the best GBB starter gun would be.

Thats what I see, the R isn't there. Could mean either. I know very little about GBBR, more on the pistols.

On 16/07/2017 at 5:46 PM, ThisAirsoftDude said:

I would like to know what the best GBB starter gun would be.

Definately that one!

TM G17.

It's bog standard, lots of support, and you won't need another for a good while.

Depends on your budget. If you're talking a rifle and money isn't an issue (and you've decided GBBR's are definitely for you) the TM MWS m4 is phenomenal. It works flawlessly. Will happily empty mags in semi or auto and has genuinely mind blowing consistently. Range and accuracy is as good as any AEG I've ever owned. Downside is it's expensive. You're talking £450 for the gun and £50 per mag. 

The cheap way of doing things id reccomend a WE G36c. You can buy them new for about £170 but I'd suggest finding a good second hand one on the classifieds with a few extra mags. I picked one up with 4 mags for about £200 a while back. It doesn't match the range/accuracy/consistency of the TM, but it works and can easily be improved upon. 

Now if you mean a pistol.. anything TM. I've got a WE g18c which works fine but isn't particularly accurate. A kwa usp tactical which I love but is inefficient and a TM fn5-7. The thing does everything I ask of it. (And it has a plastic slide in real steel, so I didn't feel as let down by the construction lol) 

if this is something you've not thought about properly then go to your next match with your AEG and load 30 rounds in each mag and see how you get on. If you can't do it, gas ain't for you. 

Anything TM.

Buy cheap, buy twice. Save up and spend a bit more for magical Japanese win.

Hello welcome to the forum..

If it is a GBBR your looking for, the GHK G5 is a good starter rifle, but will also keep serving you well once your no longer a beginner too. its easy to work on, cheaper them most to fix, and is nicely upgradeable.. its a small and light weight rifle so great for CQBP or long skirmishes or just for some fun shooting..

If your looking for a pistol, most will suit beginners or are a good starter gun, but TM hi-capas, beretta m9 or glocks 17, are right up there..

ATB, Marc..

• Root Admin

I'll need to be the voice of reason here and suggest that - due to the climate in the UK (and not withstanding your smaller budget) - you should reconsider your choice of a GBBR as your first gun. They're typically more expensive than an AEG and all have certain nuances to do with keeping mags warm, using more expensive gasses in the winter, maintaining magazines etc. that aren't newbie friendly. I'd also avoid doing it on a budget as the magazines alone will run you about £150 quid regardless of which you buy. Cannot understate just how poorly many GBBRs will perform in the late autumn up until early spring. GBBRs are also not as cheap to run - green gas is quite expensive, and the higher powered stuff is more expensive still. However, you might recoup some of that cost in using less BBs.

If not, TM MWS comes closest to being a consistent performer through all the UK weather, but personally I'd go for anything GHK. Neither are cheap, and for that reason alone I'd avoid it. Budget GBBRs are also usually a bit crap (exception being some of the WE stuff), but second hand you can find some good deals. Again though, the magazines retain their value and will still cost about £100 for 4-5 or so.

Buy an AEG as a starting point and then you always have something to fall back on later down the line. G&G CM16s or some of the ICS stuff is recommended fairly often. Also, your profile says you already have a G&G GBBR?

As with all of these 'wot gun' threads, this is a bit too much of an open question: For the best results, do your own research first then ask questions. It sounds like you've not done much at all.

17 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Read the thread. He's after a GBBR.

I know mate. That's what the smiley face was for 

13 hours ago, proffrink said:

Read the thread. He's after a GBBR.

Must have missed that... 

Low budget and GBBRs don't particularly go well together unfortunately. Most of the low budget ones are absolutely shite and you'll be spending money on replacements parts in no time.

The only reliable 'low budget' GBBR would be the GHK G5. Which is quite lucky as that is a phenomenal gun. 

Archived