58 pattern belt

Rain_1998
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently purchased a 58 pattern belt and im having trouble with it, im unsure of how it is properly worn and adjusted and I find the buckle to be very loose and easy to undo. Is this normal to be having trouble with the belt as its very tough or am I doing something wrong.

There could be a variety of reasons, the buckle should be easy to release, but secure from accidental release when worn.  It should only release when intentionally twisted 

To adjust there should be a slide on each side, slide away from the buckle to allow adjustment, fold the excess belt on both ends back on themselves, there will be a hook on each end which fits into one of the rings along the belt.  Return each of the slides to the buckle to secure

Original brass buckles should last forever, later aluminium buckles may wear away

Put on the belt, pull the buckles together and forwards (almost flat to each other in front of you) slot the male behind and through the female, pull them apart and back flat, the male shooud lock flat so that it has passed though the hole and 'hooked' the other side of the female loop

IMG_4103.PNG

• Head Moderator

The belt is worn with the two metal loops on the rear of the belt at the bottom.  The loops are used to clip on a "bum roll", if using one, which used to carry your NBC suit.

thankyou so much, it secures properly now i was being very silly in the way i was securing my buckle, will post a picture of my "oops" in a minute or so

4 hours ago, Rain_1998 said:

No wonder I was having problems.

I have earned my title of Airsoft Newbie haha.

Its a very common mistake made with this type of buckle and 58 webbing. Same with the Bum Roll loops being the wrong way around as more modern belts/webbing has "loops" on top of the belt for the yoke to attach to.

Archived