Lipo battery charger help

Shaun Haynes
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I picked my 1st  gun today. Cm raider. But brought the wrong charger I got a Naci  but i need a lipo battery charger  with an mini tamiya adapter  according to mate. And I can't seem to find one for love nor money any help 

If I how knew how to put photos up I would to show what batteries I have 

• Supporters

Get the imax B6ac, make sure it's genuine( look for the holographic sticker on the back), it will come with an array of charging leads, if it doesn't have the specific one your after buy one from the component shop online. 

To upload photos Is easy, if you are using the forums on your phone, take the photo,  start replying, look to the bottom of the box your typing in, you'll see a paper clip with click to choose files, click that, then click photo library, the image you want and then press upload, voila.

Ok I'll have look. I can find the  model prisce  mentions bit I can't seem to find one with the right  fittings for the adapter.

Found this one on on patrol v

Base  and it says it has the right adapters. But it does seem a more pricey  option 

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/turnigy-lipo-charger.htm?name=turnigy-lipo-charger.htm#.WWdQ-IHTXqA

Lipos dont charge via the tamiya ends... that is what the little white piece on a short wire is for. so all lipo chargers will be fine

I use the following...

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/1000ma-1500ma-li-po-li-fe-charger-for-2s-3s-lipo-life-battery-packs-complete-with-psu.html

but will be swapping to the mentioned charger above soon as have some issues with my lipos and a better charger which discharges should keep the batteries in tip top condition for longer.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/imax-b6ac-v2-professional-balance-charger-discharger.html?___store=en_us

• Head Moderator
56 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Lipos dont charge via the tamiya ends... that is what the little white piece on a short wire is for. so all lipo chargers will be fine

Maybe I am missing something technical here... My iMax B6 fast charges my LiPo battery via the Deans connector (T-bar), if I want to balance charge the LiPo then I also plug in the small white connector.

On my charger (above) only the small white end gets connected, I assumed (maybe wrongly) this was the only way to charge Lipos.......!!??!?!?!??

Unrelated but...

Once plugged my lipo into my normal charger (Nihm) via the deans and it went all puffy and died after two shots OOPS :( Took me a day to realise I used the wrong charger, luckily a mate had a spare battery

This is what frustrates me with airsoft, just when you think you know something........

Too many variables and opinions on how to maintain/do things, always catches me out :( 

If you're using a balance charger then you plug the large connector AND the small balance connector in to perform a balance charge. If you're just doing a straight charge then you only need to plug the large connector into the pack.

When your packs are new you only need to balance charge them once every couple of charges to ensure all the cells are at the same voltage and one isn't dragging the others down. As your packs get older it's worth doing a balance charge every time, if for no other reason than you can monitor the individual cell voltages and hopefully retire a pack before it goes bad.

29 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

On my charger (above) only the small white end gets connected, I assumed (maybe wrongly) this was the only way to charge Lipos.......!!??!?!?!??

Unrelated but...

Once plugged my lipo into my normal charger (Nihm) via the deans and it went all puffy and died after two shots OOPS :( Took me a day to realise I used the wrong charger, luckily a mate had a spare battery

I'm glad my mate asked me about batties8 otherwise  I would have found myself in the same position 

Riighhhttt....

So it depends on the charger, see after all this time im still learning :) 

Don't want you lot setting the place alight... ;)

Which does happen by the way. I've had to launch a flaming battery (lipo and NiMh) out of a window on a couple of occasions. Use extensions for your battery and balance lead when charging so you can get it disconnected without getting to close, and make sure it's in a flame proof dish or something. Never leave batteries charging unattended.

But follow a few basic rules, and don't attempt to charge a battery that is visibly damaged and you should be golden. I've been using lipos for years and in that time I've had two incidents, one of which was a friend trying to burn my place down when she plugged her e cigarette thing in to charge and it went off like a bloody Roman Candle. The other was me being young and skint and attempting to charge a RC plane lipo that had been in a crash.

I use a lipo bag for charging and storage of my batteries, for a fiver I figured why not!..

• Moderators

ive been using this for 2 years, no issues.....

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/kong-power-balancing-battery-charger-for-lipolifeli-ionnicdnimh

worried now!!!

oh and lipos are in lipo bags, away from anything flammable. Make the kids sit and watch the lights :D:rolleyes:

Archived