Drop leg rig

Albiscuit
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone know of any different or any best kept secrets on drop leg rigs?

Looking for something for my left leg in black to hold three M4 mags and three pistol mags as Im trying to keep my body low profile and my belt is full of pouches already and need more space.

And feel free to post pics of yours, leg rigs that is ;) 

• Head Moderator

I thought that UK Tactical may sell a Warrior leg system, unfortunately they have the 3+3 mags but not in black.  https://www.uktactical.com/p-10556-warrior-sabre-drop-leg-mk1-olive-drab.aspx

The warrior one caught my eye but for the money you dont get much, ideally want three m4 mags. have seen some but reviews are worlds apart and prices as everything vary from stupidly cheap to needing a mortgage....

Just wanted some alternative ideas or to know if theres something I may have missed :) 

Anyone have any experience with this brand?

http://www.ukmcpro.co.uk/Bulldog-MOLLE-Drop-Leg-Panel-Black-Military/p/4/3/564954/

Thinking I can use some existing pouches and double stack pistol ones on top to save some cash.

Cheers

Can't comment on the drop leg panel.

In my opinion the Bulldog brand is good value.

I have a Bulldog plate carrier. it seems to me to be good quality and is wearing well. (had it 8 months)

HTH

May just go with the bulldog panel and see what I can load on it. Dont fancy spending over 60 quid on something to be honest and only finding expensive pre set up ones.

Why cant we just find what works for us on our first skirmish, instead of still tinkering with our gear years later ;)

• Head Moderator
27 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Dont fancy spending over 60 quid ...

Why cant we just find what works for us on our first skirmish, instead of still tinkering with our gear years later ;)

Because some people are cheap? :P  Although I often play with just a gun and a magazine just like my first skirmish, simple set-up that works very well. :)

• Supporters

Worth considering the amount of weight that will be flapping about on your leg. If you're trying to stay low drag then you might want to reconsider what pouches you already have on your belt and move the mags there instead. Or maybe even carry less mags?

Three primary and three secondary mags is really pushing into chest rig territory in my opinion.

All that aside, you could look at building your own leg rig on the (relatively) cheap. The Viper magazine carrier https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N5TOOJ2?tag=amz-mkt-chr-uk-21&ascsubtag=1ba00-01000-org00-def00-other-nomod-uk000-pcomp-feature-scomp-wm-4 will fit onto a molle leg panel and allow you to carry 3 m4 mags and up to 4 pistol mags.

Or get three double stacked quick mags and build your own onto a leg panel.

I get what your saying, trying to alleviate weight off the belt. Been playing around with a belt only set up and feel I need a little more options. I use a M4, Mp5k and Pistol often and want a set up which caters for all without changing mag pouches every game.

Currently have a large holster, pistol lanyard, M4 pouches, Mp5 Pouches 3 pistol pouches and a dump pouch on my belt and its a little too much.

For cqb I do not take the M4 out and generally run a pistol so figured I could just play without the leg panel (pistol mags can go in a pocket, its mainly for outdoors when I need the M4.

That being said I know what I am like and will no doubt change it all up again as soon as I think I have it all sussed :( 

Apart from the flappy bungees I like that pouch and that has potential. I have an idea in mind now, I just sound out things on here to see other options 

I did see a bandoleer style rig I liked the look of too which is another option hahah.. ;) 

2 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

Because some people are cheap? :P  Although I often play with just a gun and a magazine just like my first skirmish, simple set-up that works very well. :)

makes me laugh lately, I have stripped it all right back but see so many people leave the safe zone with a car load of gear strapped on them and then wonder why I can sneak around or dig in so they advance past me and shoot them all in the back!

Im just trying to get to a point where I have one set up which kind of works with little faff between games for all my guns and both CQB and woodland. Its not easy but I think I am almost there!. 

Fed up of digging out green and black/grey gear depending on where I am heading and making sure all pouches I have are in both green and black etc. Trying to keep it simple to get ready and allow me to offload some gear soon once im fairly set up!

• Supporters

How about swapping your mag pouches for fast mag/taco style ones that will hold different sizes? If you're running standard sized mags in your MP5k then they'll fit two to an M4 taco or one in a pistol taco.

I gave up on pouches that are mag specific a while back and run all taco style ones on my chest rig now. That way I can run whatever gun I choose (apart from the SAW but that's a whole different story) be it M4, SCAR, MP5, AK or M14 without changing my setup.

19 hours ago, Lozart said:

How about swapping your mag pouches for fast mag/taco style ones that will hold different sizes? If you're running standard sized mags in your MP5k then they'll fit two to an M4 taco or one in a pistol taco.

I gave up on pouches that are mag specific a while back and run all taco style ones on my chest rig now. That way I can run whatever gun I choose (apart from the SAW but that's a whole different story) be it M4, SCAR, MP5, AK or M14 without changing my setup.

I had no idea!!! 

Make so much sense, its so obvious that I didnt think! the MP5 pouch is green and has been bugging me for ages on a black belt haha problem solved.

Cheers.

• Supporters
Just now, Albiscuit said:

I had no idea!!! 

Make so much sense, its so obvious that I didnt think! the MP5 pouch is green and has been bugging me for ages on a black belt haha problem solved.

Cheers.

I aim to please.

Then I have to adjust for windage and try again.

Archived