Jump to content
Jezza

.177 bb's

Recommended Posts

I've got myself a sig saur p226 .177 co2 pistol. Does anyone know if a) I can use plastic pellets with it and B) if I can get the power downgraded relatively easily so I can use it for airsoft? Thanks in advance gents!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, won't work. Get yourself a proper airsoft pistol instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. Don't use an airgun for airsoft, you'll get banned immediately. I took a shot to my eye pro from someone who thought it would be funny to bring a .22 air rifle to the game, they were banned for life.

 

Just buy an airsoft pistol - if you like the sigs, try the WE F226 Rail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

No. Don't use an airgun for airsoft, you'll get banned immediately. I took a shot to my eye pro from someone who thought it would be funny to bring a .22 air rifle to the game, they were banned for life.

 

Just buy an airsoft pistol - if you like the sigs, try the WE F226 Rail

An air rifle? How? Surely, someone 

Would notice and stop them?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

No. Don't use an airgun for airsoft, you'll get banned immediately. I took a shot to my eye pro from someone who thought it would be funny to bring a .22 air rifle to the game, they were banned for life.

I am calling bullsh*t on that. If someone used an air rifle at an airsoft game and shot someone then police would be involved because the site would be obliged to report it.

 

Name the site and date and I will ring them to check until then sorry but don't believe a word of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do find it a bit Unbelievable as most air rifles would go straight through most eye pro I'd imagine, Mine would for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

An air rifle? How? Surely, someone 

Would notice and stop them?

 

 

2 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I am calling bullsh*t on that. If someone used an air rifle at an airsoft game and shot someone then police would be involved because the site would be obliged to report it.

 

Name the site and date and I will ring them to check until then sorry but don't believe a word of it.

 

This was Sharjah Paintball Park. Not sure how he got it through. You're right in the UK police would be called and they could possibly bring firearms charges against them. He just got a telling off from the staff and they took a photo of his ID then kicked him out. 

 

 

2 hours ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

I do find it a bit Unbelievable as most air rifles would go straight through most eye pro I'd imagine, Mine would for sure. 

 

It left a sort of explosion mark on the lens, but didn't penetrate.  Got a picture somewhere - will post it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AshOnSnow said:

 

 

This was Sharjah Paintball Park. Not sure how he got it through. You're right in the UK police would be called and they could possibly bring firearms charges against them. He just got a telling off from the staff and they took a photo of his ID then kicked him out. 

 

 

 

It left a sort of explosion mark on the lens, but didn't penetrate.  Got a picture somewhere - will post it.

What an idiot, well I'm glad your eye pro stopped it as that would have been very nasty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

What an idiot, well I'm glad your eye pro stopped it as that would have been very nasty!

 

Lucky he took a headshot, my clothes might not have stopped it. The staff were pretty shite. Barely spoke English, and at the shooting range the "instructor" basically just handed my mum an MP5 and said "go shoot". That was the extent of his firearms safety training lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

I do find it a bit Unbelievable as most air rifles would go straight through most eye pro I'd imagine, Mine would for sure. 

 

Anything that meets ANSIZ87.1+ will stop shotgun pellets, shots from an air gun are no problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still calling shenanigans.

 

I find it highly suspicious that inbetween your first game in October and now you went to play in the Arab emirates and got shot in the face but never mentioned it on here before. 

 

If it did occur though thats shocking. I will mail them for their take on events because doesn't matter where in the world they are that is terrible and Sharjah generally have a good rep.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Still calling shenanigans.

 

I find it highly suspicious that inbetween your first game in October and now you went to play in the Arab emirates and got shot in the face but never mentioned it on here before. 

 

If it did occur though thats shocking. I will mail them for their take on events because doesn't matter where in the world they are that is terrible and Sharjah generally have a good rep.  

 

 

 

I used to shoot pistols in Sharjah every other week or so, I have to say that the level of instruction especially for newcomers when you're handling weapons with live ammo was pretty poor. But after Jebel Ali closed down, it was pretty much the only place to go unless you wanted to drive all the way to Abu Dhabi.

 

Had you heard good things about them? From where? The only other thing I heard was from some school friends who did paintballing and said it was a bit rubbish.

 

Health and safety isn't exactly a high priority out there :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2017 at 3:48 PM, Jezza said:

I've got myself a sig saur p226 .177 co2 pistol. Does anyone know if a) I can use plastic pellets with it and B) if I can get the power downgraded relatively easily so I can use it for airsoft? Thanks in advance gents!

Hi jezza, good advice from the guys. Never try using an airgun for skirmishes etc, they are too over powered no matter what ammo you use, but even one that is low power as its an airgun is illegal to shoot someone with it.. Target shooting and plinking only for these no matter the ammo..

 

You can get plastic 4.5mm bbs for them now though ASG do some light 4.5mm plastic bbs, and they work quite well, they made them for a few reasons,  1 because some airguns are now being produced with slight adjustable hop ups, 2 because some airgun clubs are banning steel bbs, and 3 because these are slightly safer for back garden use and are slowly biodegradable.. 

 

These work well for score card target shooting and a bit of plinking. Here is my video review on them it will show and tell you more about them..

 

 

Happy shooting.

ATB, Marc..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...