Moving to the UK, questions on importing RIFs

Spaztoid1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm currently living in Hong Kong but moving to the UK in the coming months, I own a couple of airsoft guns here in Hong Kong and was wondering if one of my parents were to obtain a UKARA membership (since I'm not 18 yet) could I have them shipped over with no problem?

The law here is that you can't buy them being under 18. But if you already own them and have a valid defence you should be able to ship them to yourself.

That said I bet it'll be fun in customs. When I bought mags (not even a RIF) from HK I had to complete a firearms declaration form, which included details of my reason for importing and my defence eg. where I played and was a member. It asked nothing about UKARA.

Is it possible to get someone to ship them after you are here? That way you could at least be prepared for the paperwork. I'm sure giving details of where you played in HK and stating your intention to play at sites here should be sufficient.

• Supporters

You can't import them either. Bringing them into the country is importing.

Your parents can import them if they have defence.

If you have friends here who have defence, you can send the rifs to them and they can give them to you as long as you don't pay them.

5 hours ago, Samurai said:

If you have friends here who have defence, you can send the rifs to them and they can give them to you as long as you don't pay them.

Oh ok, sounds like I'll have to badger my parents for one of them to get UKARA so I can have them shipped here since I don't really know anyone there yet. Thanks for the info!

6 hours ago, warlord said:

The law here is that you can't buy them being under 18. But if you already own them and have a valid defence you should be able to ship them to yourself.

That said I bet it'll be fun in customs. When I bought mags (not even a RIF) from HK I had to complete a firearms declaration form, which included details of my reason for importing and my defence eg. where I played and was a member. It asked nothing about UKARA.

Is it possible to get someone to ship them after you are here? That way you could at least be prepared for the paperwork. I'm sure giving details of where you played in HK and stating your intention to play at sites here should be sufficient.

Oh wow sounds like some really strict customs, yeah Ill probably leave them at a relative's house and have them ship it over as soon as I can get them through customs somehow.

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, Spaztoid1 said:

Oh wow sounds like some really strict customs, yeah Ill probably leave them at a relative's house and have them ship it over as soon as I can get them through customs somehow.

That's what I did.

I had many cheap leftover parts for my gun, I painted a stock and a handguard bright green so it was more then 50% bright coloured, I brought that with me, I played 3 games in 2+ months to get defence, got my folks to put my UKARA number in and on the package with the rest of the RIFS and send it here.

10 minutes ago, Samurai said:

That's what I did.

I had many cheap leftover parts for my gun, I painted a stock and a handguard bright green so it was more then 50% bright coloured, I brought that with me, I played 3 games in 2+ months to get defence, got my folks to put my UKARA number in and on the package with the rest of the RIFS and send it here.

Wait I'm kind of confused on the Two-Tone laws and what counts as a Two tone gun and the shipping requirements for them, since my parents are over 18 would that mean I could just ship it already if it's a two tone gun?

6 minutes ago, Samurai said:

Yes. For two tones, no defence needed for 18+ and they can just gift it to you so you can play with them.

So if I get like a bright green slide for my hi capa would I be able to ship it immediately? Also does the finish of the colour matter? Like would a metallic finish be acceptable?

38 minutes ago, Samurai said:

Please check it here

Sorry for badgering you like this but I'm slightly confused on this point-

If I/I have/I am going to, import from Hong Kong, USA, etc will Customs impound my gun?

If you cannot prove that you are an eligible importer the Boarder Agency will impound and destroy your import without compensation, if you are an eligible importer e.g. a member of an insured airsoft game site, (and UKARA registration helps a great deal) make sure that you have clear information put on/with your import proving your eligibility.

Does this also apply to IFs? 

9 hours ago, Samurai said:

Good point. Forgot the import rule.

You can send me your RIF's, I have a defence and am quite a bit past 18 :D

Archived