M600 Taclight

CARBr6
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This may be an odd question, for those of you who run a rail mounted tactical flashlight, which side of your rifle do you put it?

Does it make a difference depending on which side it is? Does it matter if you're shooting right handed or left handed?

I dont personally have a preference, I guess if you are using the light as a way of determine a basic direction of the weapon you need to know the side the light is installed on, other than that it lights up what I point it at on either side. Maybe if you have a laser & light combo it may matter more.

Just make sure its not obstructing your view, flow (reloading...) or uncomftable.

• Supporters

There is a school of thought that says you should put it on the "outside" so if you're right handed then it goes on the right hand side of the rifle. The theory is that in the dark an opponent will shoot at the light so if it's more to the outside of your body they're more likely to miss.

• Head Moderator

Personal preference, whatever works best for you.  I have a forward sling mount on the left side and my taclight goes on the right so that it is out the way of my sling.  I have an adjustable holder so the light is set at about 4.30 on the clockface (6 is underneath). I also like to use an under mounted taclight so that it is in a central position.

for me it depends if i'm using a remote switch or not. if i am using the button on the back of the light then i will have it on the left as i am right handed.

if i am using a remote switch it will go on the right so it stays out of the way

• Moderators

as above with me, same issues depending if my brother has other tac light, generally though it is on RHS

although with the Lenser P7 ive got it underneath at moment as i feel it sticks out quite far.....OCD!!! haha

Right handed shooter here.

Mount the TAC light on the Right hand side of the rifle.

Mainly so it doesn't get in the way when i let the rifle hang from its single point sling.

Archived