VSR 10 upgrade parts help

oEnergy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, i recently bought a Tokyo Marui - VSR-10  and im looking to upgrade it but i'm new to the airsoft scene and i was wondering if some one could help me with what would be best.

Thanks 

• Root Admin

Google and forum search. The VSR is safely in the top 5 most documented airsoft guns and you'll find a bunch out there on it including full upgrade part break-downs with Laylax parts in as well as PDI, Action Army, Airsoft Pro, EdGI etc. Feel free to ask specifics, but I'd spend some time looking around online at what's available first before asking as - typically with the VSR - a mixture of brands builds the best (for example, Laylax hop chambers aren't considered to be the best, and your hop unit is basically the 1st or 2nd most important part of a sniper rifle build).

Edit

I've also merged this thread into your other one as it's very similar in topic.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been researching this recently as I want the experience of upgrading something myself. I came across this on Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/airsoft/comments/5rejui/holy_grail_bolt_action_sniper_guide_building_a/

Basically for a VSR it seems you'd want, in the long run, to get eveything he lists:

• Action Army hop chamber
  • Action army hop rubber
  • ZCI barrel (He recommends this brand, however it's up to you)
  • AirsoftPro V4 trigger kit 
  • M150 spring for ~500fps

He also uses silicone tubing to make his own R-Hop, saying it's superiour to normal flat hop. There is a video in the guide detailing how to do that.

Airsoft sniping isn't cheap. All of that is around £200 I belive. Plus there is the time it takes to install eveything, and you're new to this so expect to make mistakes and have to take the gun apart and try again :D Honestly though, I think the hardest part would be making the r-hop but he goes on to say you can just use a VSR cut barrel and a Maple Leaf Autobot hop rubber as it's easier to install but not as good.

If anyone with experience can add anything to this I would greatly appeciate it as well.

• Root Admin

That looks like a good list. I've not had much experience with ZCI barrels but can vouch for EdGI and PDI ones.

However, I would really again encourage searching these forums. There are numerous build logs and questions around the VSR and is is one of the most documented guns out there. I'd probably just go through all that and see what people are/were doing and form your opinion off that rather than relying on a single person or even small group of persons to dictate what you do. I will say this though: The most overlooked part by anyone who's not built one before is the bucking and nub combination. Straight hop, R-hop, just a Maple Leaf bucking etc. - those are what have the most debate around them and should be carefully considered.

Archived