Two Tone Gun

ewanJC
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Alright,

I was just looking at buying my first gun but I don't yet have my UKARA. At my local field it costs £40-£65 to rent a gun and play. So what I was thinking was buying a two tone gun for £94.99 and using it for the game days, then once I've got my UKARA I can just continue to use the gun but just spray paint it?

Is this a daft idea or not?

This is the gun I was looking at just for my starter?

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-m4-m15-m16-variants/cyma-cm-515-m4a1-carbine-w-keymod-handguard-black-two-tone-red.htm#.WV5r_7GZPPA

Cheers

Ewan

• Supporters

I would recommend renting until you get your UKARA, you may decide after a few times playing, the hobbies not for you and then your lumbered with it! Also, after you get your UKARA you can buy a better gun. 

Renting, for the little while I did it, helped me decide what class gun I wanted and what I wanted from it, it meant I didn't waste money on a gun I didn't know if I wanted.

Just my opinion.

Just now, Prisce said:

I would recommend renting until you get your UKARA, you may decide after a few times playing, the hobbies not for you and then your lumbered with it! Also, after you get your UKARA you can buy a better gun. 

Renting, for the little while I did it, helped me decide what class gun I wanted and what I wanted from it, it meant I didn't waste money on a gun I didn't know if I wanted.

Just my opinion.

Thats was my other thought. Thought it might have worked out as a cheaper alternative.

I'd rent buddy. Painting them never results in an effect you're truly happy with so you'll only end up wanting something else. Also, whilst renting, have a look at other players guns and take your time to figure out exactly what you want. I think over 90% of us here would suggest just renting until you get your UKARA. Those two-tones are nasty...

Once that UKARA's sorted, go crazy! :D 

Quick edit - I've not used any CYMA guns but I can really recommend G&G combat machines. They're well known for being solid beginner guns. My fiancee has one and it competes with far more expensive guns. 

• Head Moderator

Remember that as well as buying the gun you will need a battery and charger, so that is a little extra money to spend.  On the plus side, you could sell the two-tone gun in the Classifieds here for approximately 2/3 its original cost.  Or keep it as a back-up gun.

I am not a fan of two-tone guns (did not want the hassle of either selling or painting it) so just rented and then bought a black gun once I had my defence. Gave me more time to decide what gun I wanted and research it.

1 hour ago, ewanJC said:

Alright,

I was just looking at buying my first gun but I don't yet have my UKARA. At my local field it costs £40-£65 to rent a gun and play. So what I was thinking was buying a two tone gun for £94.99 and using it for the game days, then once I've got my UKARA I can just continue to use the gun but just spray paint it?

Is this a daft idea or not?

This is the gun I was looking at just for my starter?

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-m4-m15-m16-variants/cyma-cm-515-m4a1-carbine-w-keymod-handguard-black-two-tone-red.htm#.WV5r_7GZPPA

Cheers

Ewan

It's a great idea, I wish I had done this, but do yourself a favour and go up budget to £135 for a G&G combat machine.

Afterwards it makes a great loaner if a friend wants to play as they need not hire.

If you're looking at M4 variants then another option is requesting that when the gun is painted they only paint the stock and fore end. That way you can get something that's worth holding on to, and once you have your defense simply swap out the painted components.

• Head Moderator
16 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

If you're looking at M4 variants then another option is requesting that when the gun is painted they only paint the stock and fore end. That way you can get something that's worth holding on to, and once you have your defense simply swap out the painted components.

Providing that 51% of the gun is painted in the bright colour.

32 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Providing that 51% of the gun is painted in the bright colour.

Goes without saying... But once an M4 stock and foreend is painted you're definitely over 51%. ;)

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Might be worth sticking an advert in the Wanted section of our classifieds for a two tone gun.

Someone might be in your position and looking to pass on the two-tone they used to get up to their UKARA.

Then you get a deal without having to splash cash on new gear, and you can pass the torch on afterwards.

If you do go for the cyma its not to bad. I've got the 517 myself and in the 4 months I've had it its not missed a beat. If you can hold out for a G and G do so but if not the cyma is ok. At the end of the day its better than the rentals and you can always upgrade it as you go

I ordered my first IF from patrol base and used the two-tone service. they only painted the stock and fore end, I think it's their standard procedure for m16/m4 style rifles. Meant I got the gun I wanted and could proceed to put upgrades on it for the long term. When I had a decent defence I just stripped the two-tone off. This may not be the universally accepted way of doing it but I can appreciate that if your hooked after 1 game you want your own gun to use 

9 hours ago, Hangtight said:

That's a plan! Didn't know I could do that! I'll look into it!

thanks

my two cents. rental is what i can see normally about £20 per game, you need to play at least 3 days in no less than two months so youre looking at £60 min down for rentals. buy a half decent two tone package and you can go as many times as you like in the two months without wasting money on a rental and that way you have a spare battery and a spare gun

Archived