Gripping concerns

Samuelol
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

my local site occasionaly has issues supplying air so my tippmann/p* often get benched. 

Decided to purchase a Krytac LVOA-C. OUTSTANDING. I'm often fielding it over my P* regardless of the air situation. Completely stock and performing perfectly.

Anyway! I'm looking to replace the pistol grip - I've not done this before. The defiance grip it comes with is very nice but I want to add some tan furniture. Will most AEG grips drop in or are there compatibility issues? 

Cheers folks.

There shouldn't be any issues fitting another grip, however it's a bit more involved than simply changing the grip.

The grip controls the relation between the motor and the bevel gear which is the most critical adjustment in the gearbox. Change the grip and you potentially (probably) alter the mesh between the motor pinion and the bevel gear. This can lead to noise, mechanical resistance, and potentially stripped gears.

Spray the grip with krylon, add a couple of coats of clear krylon and job done!

Archived