Nuprol Product Recall on 6043 glasses!

L3wisD
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Just a heads up in case anyone owns some of these.

NUPROL have announced a PRODUCT RECALL of NUPROL COMBAT PRO GLASSES, in all lens colours, following the identification of a potential flaw that could lead to a lens falling out of the frame if impacted in a certain manner.

Player safety is THE Number One Priority at NUPROL and so they are recalling all glasses in the line to ensure no player's health is compromised.

The model numbers affected are:

6043-CL
6043-SM
6043-YE

NO other NUPROL products are affected.

NUPROL advises that if you have purchased any of the above products that you return them to the retailer from where they were bought for a full refund.

If you are a Trade Customer, please contact NUPROL asap to arrange returns.

NUPROL apologise for any inconvenience caused and would like to state that although this is an isolated case, they are issuing the recall to avoid any potential safety issues.

They would also like to make it clear that only the models mentioned above are affected and all other NUPROL eye protection remains unaffected.

0i3Pk7Y.jpg

• Root Admin

Well good on them for recalling them where other less scrupulous brands might not have bothered, but this should really be a good indicator to people of why going with the budget option (especially when it comes to eyewear) isn't always the best idea.

9 hours ago, proffrink said:

Well good on them for recalling them where other less scrupulous brands might not have bothered, but this should really be a good indicator to people of why going with the budget option (especially when it comes to eyewear) isn't always the best idea.

Still, no doubt they stringently tested this eye pro before they put it up for sale and the "impacted in a certain manner" refers to something unusual.

20 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

Still, no doubt they stringently tested this eye pro before they put it up for sale and the "impacted in a certain manner" refers to something unusual.

Probably high velocity shot to somewhere near a corner that might damage the housing in some way.

Frame would be my guess, likely some freak accidental shot hit the frame and the lens popped out or some such incident.

Still, good they issued a recall, lets just hope plenty go back before another incident

This thread gave me an idea for some ballistic goggles that could be EN166A rated.

Idea close to my chest, going in my inventions book :P

• Supporters
On 7/15/2017 at 11:52 PM, AshOnSnow said:

This thread gave me an idea for some ballistic goggles that could be EN166A rated.

Idea close to my chest, going in my inventions book :P

EN166A only applies to faceshields though....

9 hours ago, Lozart said:

EN166A only applies to faceshields though....

I read it was eye and face protection, but you may be right.

Oh well, I not only forgot to write it down, but also forgot what it was, so doesn't matter now anyway.

Doh!

Archived