MP5 PDW - where does this bit go?

Ajax
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all 

Maybe somebody will be able to help me here? Probably I am stretching my luck but worth trying ;)

I have MP5 PDW wersion (JG 204).

Yesterday I was removing battery when I noticed a small screw which had to fall out of it. It is small hex screw (I attached photo with safety pin for size reference).

I spent already silly amount of time to find where it should go back but no luck at all. 

Does anyone has any clue?

Thank you.

;)

IMG_20170703_014514.jpg

IMG_20170703_014541.jpg

IMG_20170703_014714.jpg

Hi guys 

Thank you for all replies. Unfortunately I check all front sight, handguard, ris mount... No screw missing :-O that confuses me even more.

M_P you mentioned you saw parts diagram. Could you share it maybe?

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Ajax said:

Hi guys 

Thank you for all replies. Unfortunately I check all front sight, handguard, ris mount... No screw missing :-O that confuses me even more.

M_P you mentioned you saw parts diagram. Could you share it maybe?

mp5kpdw.jpg

Here you go, not all brands will have the same parts etc but the marui is the basis for pretty much all mp5s- except the ICS if I remember correctly- so I'd have thought it'd be on here or atleast one similar looking 

i'll see your TM manual and raise you a JG manual and parts diagram.   still no sign of this rogue screw,  unless it's the pin that holds the folding stock on (not shown on diagram).

http://www.greekairsoft.gr/manuals/manual.asp?Manufacturer=JING+GONG&Filename=Jing+Gong+MP5+Series+Manual.pdf

Hi guys.

Thank you for your help.

I am giving up! :( Yesterday using the diagrams I took almost half of the gun apart looking for place where this damn screw go in. Nothing! Everything looks just fine.:blink:

I guess if during next game I will start loosing bits at least I will know there this screw should be in the end:)

Still I really appreciate your effort!

Thank you.

My working theory of what could happen is (at least this way I tried to explain it to myself to stop worrying) this MP5 has rather thin plastic on the handle as motor magnets are catching metal element trough it quite strong. It could happen that I pick up this screw somewhere at the site. The it went to gun bag where somehow it fall into battery compartment via bolt lock opening and then fall out then I removed the battery at the end of the day. 

Other theories included aliens, sky trails and Bermuda triangle ;)

Reminds me of the time a lad in halls at university carefully and methodically disassembled and rebuilt his Honda Superdream in the kitchen. He'd never done it before and was guided at every stage by the ubiquitous Haynes manual. We added an extra bolt to one of his excruciatingly organised trays of components, and of course it was left over when he finished. He sat and looked at it for a week before he slowly started to disassemble the whole bike looking for where this bolt should go.

We never did own up to that.

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Hangtight said:

We added an extra bolt to one of his excruciatingly organised trays of components, and of course it was left over when he finished. He sat and looked at it for a week before he slowly started to disassemble the whole bike looking for where this bolt should go.

That is not funny - it's f**king hilarious !!! 

On 04/07/2017 at 10:39 PM, Hangtight said:

Reminds me of the time a lad in halls at university carefully and methodically disassembled and rebuilt his Honda Superdream in the kitchen. He'd never done it before and was guided at every stage by the ubiquitous Haynes manual. We added an extra bolt to one of his excruciatingly organised trays of components, and of course it was left over when he finished. He sat and looked at it for a week before he slowly started to disassemble the whole bike looking for where this bolt should go.

Yeap I can totally understand this... I was soo close of doing the same with the gun. :) and partially did it :P  

Archived