Trousers?

ewanJC
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I'm new to airsoft and was just looking to buy a pair of trousers to start with as I don't have any suitable trousers (I have jeans but don't want to possibly ruin them). does anyone have any advice on what trousers are best for starters?

I was looking at a pair of soft-shell hiking breathable trousers that were roughly £25. Are these suitable or not?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks 

Ewan

Any thing is suitable as long as it's comfy to be running around in all day...and you don't mind if they get dirty and beaten up. Soft shell sounds good in practice but I would think they may not be durable enough for the job, a few times scuffling around on your knees and I reckon you would have some holes. If £25 is your budget better off going with some good old surplus

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRITISH-ARMY-ISSUE-TROUSERS-GENUINE-MTP-MULTICAM-SURPLUS-SOLDIER-95-PCS-STYLE-/300935167038?var=&hash=item4611223c3e:m:mjX0Jf0hoWkdNEGJOiOrJkw

Surplus trousers which will be cheap, or outdoor trousers which may be more comfortable and technical, but you might wreck them or need kneepads etc. 

Craghopper Kiwi trousers are supposed to be decent. Begadi/Helikon make good block colour trousers. 5.11 are price step up but should last an age.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, ewanJC said:

Thanks! Ill have a look.

What size are you? I have a set of DPM kit that I don't need anymore. Happily let it go for not loads.

8 hours ago, Lozart said:

What size are you? I have a set of DPM kit that I don't need anymore. Happily let it go for not loads.

im not 100% sure. I'm kinda at an awkward stage with my sizing, lost a bit of weight etc. ill continue to look on amazon! thanks for all the help though.

• Root Admin

Hard to tell how well they're made but I'd imagine those aren't going to last more than a year or so of use at that price point (assuming you're playing woodland fairly often). So long as you're ok with that as a stop-gap then not a problem, but surplus stuff is very cheap and will last years in the majority of cases. It tends to be the best value for money.

i understand what your saying but I've only been airsofting once before and have recently become really interested in starting to play more often. I'm not wanting to turn up with the camo and have all the gear but no idea haha if you know what i mean. 

but taking into consideration what your saying i might just go for it and get surplus gear.

• Root Admin

Having MTP trousers isn't gear and no idea - most people wear them and many places rent them out. I know what you mean though.

if you're really worried I'd just wear any old pair you have so long as they're somewhat thick material and you don't mind them getting muddy. Again, this is really only true for woodland - if you're doing urban stuff then really you can get away with almost anything without it getting damaged.

Archived