What rifle and pistol to buy? L119A1 and P226

Quebec
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

In the near future I want to buy a rifle and pistol.

What I need is your advice as to what is reliable and suitable please.

Firstly, I'd like an L119A1 (or replica) but ideally I'd like something full metal, easy to field strip (with takedown/pivot pins, seperatable upper/lower, flat top receiver and rails, operable dummy charging handle and forward assist) and something fairly realistic.

Secondly, I'd like a Sig Sauer P226 (or replica) gas blowback again in full metal which is easy/realistic to field strip and has a slide lock and release.

Does this sound realistic and if so what variant/brand/place (second hand is okay) will be reliable and how much should I expect to pay (hopefully something mid end maybe £250 and £150 respectively)?

Thanks for your time.

• Root Admin

Please don't advertise your classifieds in other threads.

It's also quite obvious that OP is very new to this whole thing so I don't think a G&P 'in bits' kit is quite what he'd be looking for with that budget or level of knowledge.

2 hours ago, proffrink said:

Please don't advertise your classifieds in other threads.

It's also quite obvious that OP is very new to this whole thing so I don't think a G&P 'in bits' kit is quite what he'd be looking for with that budget or level of knowledge.

Apologies - I was going to offer to build it for him but alas you may be right. 

I will edit my post 

Archived