Krytac buffer tube and stock off to one side.

stephenisvile
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, the stock and buffer tube on my krytac is a little off to one side, and it came that way. The actual castle nut is also off to the same side and by about the same degrees. If i straighten the castle nut should it straighten out the buffer tube and also what are the ways to do it without the use of the special tool. Appreciate it!

20170616_194012.jpg

• Root Admin

The threads or the tube itself must be knackered. Remove the castle nut, unscrew it and see if the stock is crooked or the threads in the receiver or the alignment/pinning of the receiver itself.

In either case, return it. Replacing the stock is going to cost you 30 quid anyway and replacing the receiver is even more cost and time.

Cheers mate, the things only 2 months old and I've only had it out once, already contacted the seller and waiting to see what they say.

• Root Admin

Well, if you've not noticed before then perhaps you bent it? Not that you need to say that of course, but it's possible. Airsoft gats don't tend to be made from the best materials and the buffer tube is quite thin metal compared to the rest.

See I did sort of look at it and it just thought it was me being picky when i first got it, because there were a few small blemishes on the finish and i was just looking over the whole rifle inspecting it. I did notice while looking, that the castle nut's grooves werent straight like my other M4 and like basically all ARs with buffer tubes, but I thought nothing of it. The angle is exaggerated once the stock is extended the whole way out, and because I'm not the tallest i keep it at a lower extension, it was actually just today I turned it to my dad and asked him if it looked off centre and he agreed.

Just looking at the rifle from the side and even shouldering it looks sweet, but once you look down along the length you notice the whole stock assembly is leaning to the right.

Cheers for the response btw!

If you get no joy from the supplier email krytac see if they will help or email them anyway

Archived