Motor recommendations?

Hatchett
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey

Im making a build for some good trigger response and decent rps. Rate of fire is not too important to me but Im mainly looking for trigger response. My current V2 has a pretty poor trigger response due to crappy G&G motor(combat machine). Im also getting a Mosfet and Deans connectors, leaving 18:1 gears in for now.

Which motor should I get ?

SHS high torque(16tpa) or ZCI high torque(22tpa) ?

Any other recommended motors?

Cheers

ASG 30k or SHS HT with 11.1v, ASG 40K with 7.4v. With standard gears the ZCI won't give great trigger response. It's a slow torque motor.

If you're mostly shooting semi auto then also look at a Mosfet that offers pre cocking.

14 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

ASG 30k or SHS HT with 11.1v, ASG 40K with 7.4v. With standard gears the ZCI won't give great trigger response. It's a slow torque motor.

If you're mostly shooting semi auto then also look at a Mosfet that offers pre cocking.

Ok thanks. 

Also, do you think a sector gear delayer chip would be necessary for this build (SHS HT, 18:1 gears, M100 spring, 11.1V Lipo, Mosfet) ??

Nope. Be fine without one.

You should get around 21 rps with good trigger response. You will need to ensure the angle of engagement is properly corrected, and a decent piston wouldn't be a bad idea.

Mosfet and Dean's are only as good as the wiring that connects them. 16awg Teflon coated is the stuff.

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Hangtight said:

Mosfet and Dean's are only as good as the wiring that connects them. 

True, but they'll always be better than the original contacts...

Archived