Ghillie suit for arms, head and back?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

51THKNYhirL.jpg 

I've looked everywhere for a ghillie suit that just covers the arms, back, and head. Similar to the photo attached.i believe these are known as "togs" however I can only find then without the strands. Has anyone seen these available or know where I could get one? Preferably for woodland and under 70 quid as I've spent most of my money already. Thanks in advance!

The reason a lot of them are without the "strands" as you put it, is because when it comes to scrim camouflage, it's often a relatively temporary installation that you can change depending on the environment you're going into.

• Supporters

I understand that you may need to change the scrim, and those scg suits are a just a little bit over my budget!

My only issue is why a vest with a net on it is worth over 100 quid and how you'd apply the strands to one.

I will most likely be making my own completely from scratch as I can't couch up £70 plus. I'll probably do a tutorial on that too.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, AvidAirsofter776 said:

I understand that you may need to change the scrim, and those scg suits are a just a little bit over my budget!

My only issue is why a vest with a net on it is worth over 100 quid and how you'd apply the strands to one.

I will most likely be making my own completely from scratch as I can't couch up £70 plus. I'll probably do a tutorial on that too.

The ones on AliExpress are about £30....

On 14/06/2017 at 3:37 AM, AvidAirsofter776 said:

Loop the strands onto the net

http://www.ghilliesuits.com/build _own.htm

Key points to decide on first are what it will be used for and how?

Are you going to be laid down, crawling etc, moving quickly and then ducking down into position? - That can mean you only need your head, back and arms as mentioned but also what you use for the base material (e.g. Smock) and whether you need extra padding (if going on hands and knees then you definately need pads)

For extra pads you can sew internal pockets in the knees/elbows to add and remove pads, or permanently sew the pads in

I had a few issue sniper pads that were rubber pads in sheets of dpm material, but have also made them with old foam mouse mats.  Exercise mats can also be cut up

add rubber loops or thin bungee cord loops of you intend to customise with vegetation or temporary hessian for colour schemes, more or less bush etc

abuse it - you don't want a nice neat ghillie that looks like a ghillie

consider a ghillie bag.  It's a bit obvious when you see a ghillie at the start of the game or running across the field.  you may have a flip open bag and drag a ghillie panel over you once you are at a chosen spot

beware of fire.  What if a smoke grenade goes off near you?  Make sure you are not covered in something that will just ignite in seconds

Archived