HELP!! please :-) bad CM16 SRL

00kingi
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So recently brought a CM 16 SRL and out of the box had a few jamming issues. I have now resolved that, but ive noticed in comparison to my buddy's combat machine my consistency is well off, my range seems poor,  my pistol shoots further than the AEG.

So I'm going to get a new barrel and maybe some bits for compression, maybe try the R hop but I'm useless at that fiddle stuff.

Anyone got any ideas why my range is poor? 0.2 are dropping at 30ish ft. There is no more jamming, hop up and bucking seems ok. its all brand new, I wish I sent it back when I had the chance...

Any links to the best/ correct upgrades would be appreciated. Thanks for those whom help.

• Supporters

The barrel and the R hop are the worst choices. The barrel does nothing to range and a little to accuracy and R hop does nothing to either of those. R hop only allows you to use heavier BBs that the normal hopup can't lift. But that's way too heavy to use on 350- fps.

If it was bad out of the box, bring it back.

If you can't then clean the barrel and the bucking with rubbing alcohol on the cleaning rod and be very thorough. Throw the silicone spray (I assume you used a liberal amount of that) in the bin. Don't use that in an AEG.

Use good quality 0.25g or 0.28g BBs. Spend a lot of time to set the hopup and your sights. With these any normal AEG will do 50m single shot human size minimum.

I though the barrel bore added somewhat, especially for grouping? 

I have cleaned it and done all done all the above you mentioned. My fps is 330 as it should be with the SRL.

Not really sure what you are trying to say there with regards to silicone? I can't return it as it was brough through a friend and is over the return period. Normally when I use it we are indoors so range is next to nothing, when I tried outdoors I noticed the appalling performance. 

• Supporters

This may sound a stupid question. But what batteries are you using and are they new or second hand? Also have you, or anyone else taken the gun apart yet?

I have a new 11.1 lipo and a 1600 nimh both work fine, I even brough an expensive charger so I can se the voltage ect. Im the only one to take it apart as it's new, but I have not opened gear box, and I will wait until I get upgrades ordered or I'm waistimg my time. 

But whats the point buying upgrades if the gun is point blank shoddy .

as said above I put it on the chrono and was consistent at 330 ish. I will take a video and post soon 

• Supporters

Have you used the 11.1V lipo previously? It is not recommended to use an 11.1V without a mosfet. That might have caused some internal damage.

When you took it apart did you take care to put it back together exactly the same way? Could you have caught the bucking? Have you cleaned the barrel recently?

• Supporters

My bad, I read Cm16 XL. What sort of range do you think your getting?  How experienced are you when it comes to the tech side of guns? 

330 fps on 0.2s is actually quite normal for something like that out of the box. Have you adjusted the hop properly for the weight of BBs you are using?  The battery should have no effect on the compression, just the speed that the gearbox completes each shot cycle.

Not a lot of experience I'm afraid, but I read a lot and get obsessed until things are the best they can be. I'm more than happy with the fps. As I say it's the inconsistency and range is poor. My garden in probable 30/50ft and it makes the back but is all over the place, my pistol has better grouping and shoots further as does but buddy's standard war machine ( that's a model down from mine) so mine should be improved. Most reviews say range is good although alongside accuracy. I'm not seeing it and I have played and played with hop up, different bbs. Cleaned barrel, tried lubeing barrel range is just naff. 

Im going to order new buking in case when it was jamming it busted . 

And if you've 'lubed' the barrel (don't ever do this) has the hop rubber been properly cleaned since? And by properly I mean disassembled and carefully cleaned with hot soapy water?

Have you checked the mound in the packing isn't torn or damaged in some way?

And what BBs are you using?

Archived