Storm Tactical Airsoft - Copthorne, Crawley, West Sussex

RussAFO
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys....

An opportunity has arisen for a new purpose built site not more than a 2 minute drive from the M23 junction 10. Extremely easy to find, within very easy reach of London and the Home Counties. The site was opened as a paintball site in 2014 used for 1 game and then closed due to issues with the directors ! 

A large investment has been made in to the site and we would describe it as a truly VIP Airsoft site. We will be running an open day in early July and would love for you guys to join us for some hard core hybrid skirmishing and milsim. Offering free membership to Storm Tactical for those that join us on our opening day, giveaways, competitions and lots more. 

Facilities;-

Large gravel car park

Large safe zone with covered area, seating and tables.

Onsite electricity, hot and cold water, lighting, shop and food.

Purpose built toilet block with gents, ladies and disabled WC. ( Including baby changing facilities for the family days ! ) 

Lockers and Underfloor heating in the loos ! 

We are currently working on a dedicated camping area, wifi on site and much, much more. 

Game zone includes:-

Trench system

The Village

The Jungle

Multi level fort

Numerous barricades, natural cover and kill zones. 

Currently over 40 acres and hopefully expanding to over 60 acres.

Please look us up on Facebook 

https://www.facebook.com/stormtacticalairsoft

or 

http://stormtactical.co.uk ( Our website will be updated shortly with full details of the new site ) 

We really want to hear from those that want to come and join us at the site, Old Hollow, Worth, Copthorne, West Sussex. (RH10). Tell us what you want from an airsoft site and what will keep you coming back for more. We are airsofters, for airsofters.... we believe you are our valued customers and that is the most important thing for us at Storm Tactical.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Russ and Matt 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

If I can, I will go. I have high hopes this doesn't turn into a skirmish site, where the players' first question is "what's for lunch?".

I hope it will attract players who care about objectives and tactical gameplay more than the underfloor heating in the loo. :)

Sounds good, would be interested, but edit your website link so it is correct ;)

• Supporters

We shall be there, just let us know when the first game is.  As always, could you have some games on Saturdays and Sunday's, just for those who work shifts or regularly play elsewhere!  

Really hope this one goes ahead.

Could you run scaled down skirmish days as like as pt247, i'd prefer skirmishes and were in EG, Milsim can be more of a ramblers day out if it's not got enough players. Large site are great but its the gameplay that makes the day ( and the players).

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, sniperslucky said:

Could you run scaled down skirmish days as like as pt247, i'd prefer skirmishes and were in EG, Milsim can be more of a ramblers day out if it's not got enough players. Large site are great but its the gameplay that makes the day ( and the players).

What is a scaled down skirmish? 30 mins of capture the flag?  

Having some well thought out milsim light scenarios would be good; proper briefing, short distance to objective, full on action, and then de-brief, lessons learnt, brew, and next scenario.  A large site can work by using different parts for different aspects, no need to have all 100 acre wood used at once and having to spend hours walking miles. Only need a few players to have good event if well scripted and run.

I would like to attend if the date suits my duty schedule. It is a 2 hour drive but willing to make the effort for a good day out.  I will also try to bring along a sceptical player who is not a fan of milsim to see if it changes his opinion. Gameplay is key to being a fun day.

You won my support by having proper toilets, I have done enough ursus defecation in arboreal environments ;)

Sounds excellent to me, have been waiting for something like this for a while now. 

Can 16 year olds play or is there an age limit?

21 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

Having some well thought out milsim light scenarios would be good; proper briefing, short distance to objective, full on action, and then de-brief, lessons learnt, brew, and next scenario.  A large site can work by using different parts for different aspects, no need to have all 100 acre wood used at once and having to spend hours walking miles. Only need a few players to have good event if well scripted and run.

I would like to attend if the date suits my duty schedule. It is a 2 hour drive but willing to make the effort for a good day out.  I will also try to bring along a sceptical player who is not a fan of milsim to see if it changes his opinion. Gameplay is key to being a fun day.

You won my support by having proper toilets, I have done enough ursus defecation in arboreal environments ;)

Your thoughts are on same wave length, as smaller milsim / skirmishing is more of what we would like, just trying to make a point of being a rambler for the day isn't my thing. We had a fun light harted infected game at the end of a milsim / skirmish day which made up for the long scenario game day played last week 2 different games with long walks back to the re spawn took some of the fun out of it. 

Guest PT247
8 minutes ago, sniperslucky said:

Your thoughts are on same wave length, as smaller milsim / skirmishing is more of what we would like, just trying to make a point of being a rambler for the day isn't my thing. We had a fun light harted infected game at the end of a milsim / skirmish day which made up for the long scenario game day played last week 2 different games with long walks back to the re spawn took some of the fun out of it. 

shouldn't have got shot out so often then! ;-) :D

7 minutes ago, PT247 said:

shouldn't have got shot out so often then! ;-) :D

But you didn't have the camera's on your sniper so no proof.B) and i believe i shot you first?

On 6 June 2017 at 4:52 PM, Prisce said:

We shall be there, just let us know when the first game is.  As always, could you have some games on Saturdays and Sunday's, just for those who work shifts or regularly play elsewhere!  

Really hope this one goes ahead.

Hi PT247

This one is going ahead.... Sunday 9th of July to be precise. We will switch days from time to time to allow for use of other sites and those poor shift workers. 

Cheers for the support

Russ

On 6 June 2017 at 10:20 PM, Jedi_Master said:

Hey Jedi

Your opening comments are spot on and thats exactly what we have in mind and our plan's for the future. Fast paced, objective driven game play, with a solid and interesting back story. Simple and effective briefing and debriefing and plenty of time for a brew. No yomping, no stag duty, no sitting around ! We have 4 distinctive ares of play with interesting features throughout. 

We have identified a safe and comfortable camping ground if you want to make use of that the night before, within 1 minute walk of our lovely, warn, clean and tidy loos !! 

I'm looking forward to convincing your friend ! Really hope you can make it down to support us. 

Russ

On 6 June 2017 at 10:27 PM, Georgeturner2001 said:

Sounds excellent to me, have been waiting for something like this for a while now. 

Can 16 year olds play or is there an age limit?

Of course you can play George, we would love to see you. 

Storm Tactical Airsoft - Operation Vanquish

Sunday 9th July at Driver Wood HQ - Postcode RH10 4TA

Gates open from 0800 - Scenario starts at 10am - Endex - (when we have all had enough of shooting each other ! )

Camping available the night before. Arrival times TBC. 

Onsite shop courtesy of Platoon Stores, Rochester. From 9am Sunday Morning. ( smokes, pyros, ammo, weapons, kit and much more all available. )

http://www.platoonstores.co.uk

Full Technical back up provided by Platoon Stores Technicians

Rentals available @ £50 plus £50 refundable deposit.  ( Rental Package, Valken M4, Mags, Tac Vest, 1 point bungee sling, Valken Thermo face mask.  Camo clothing also available. )

Walk on £30

The first 100 players on site either on the 9th or the next game date will be given free membership of Storm Tactical Airsoft, includes membership cards, patches, goody bags, discounted walk on or rental rates for all future games and play 5 game dates get 1 free deals.

Hot food and drinks available. Free tea and coffee all day.  

Wifi for whole site will going in this Tuesday. We are also fitting mood lighting in the game areas for twilight and night games and sound effects. 

Credit/Debit cards accepted on site.

Please see here and our Facebook page for updates.

Please bear with us on our website as many changes need to be made to reflect the new HQ at Driver Wood and other matters. 

If you are interested in coming please let me know asap through this forum or via our FB page. If you have a Team then let us know as we are planning some squad based tactical objectives and much pew pew ! 

Look forward to hearing from you

Russ and Matt @ Storm Tactical Airsoft 

• Supporters

Damn, I'm sold. We shall be there, and I'll bring the beast to camp overnight also.

I do have one question, can said campers have a couple of beers while there or is that a strict no no. 

Also I was told your Facebook page says first game is on the 2nd July? Am I being told porkies or is that a mistake?

40 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Damn, I'm sold. We shall be there, and I'll bring the beast to camp overnight also.

I do have one question, can said campers have a couple of beers while there or is that a strict no no. 

Also I was told your Facebook page says first game is on the 2nd July? Am I being told porkies or is that a mistake?

Said campers may bring as much beer as they like as you will be our private guests/friends for the evening. 

Hopefully the fire pit will be built for grilled bangers and a sing song !! 

Pizza delivery is also available of site. 

Strictly no alcohol on game day.

Prisce we had to move the original date to accommodate Platoon Strores who were otherwise engaged on the 2nd.

Game date is the 9th of July. 

Russ

55 minutes ago, PT247 said:

Does the £30 include lunch?

Unfortunately not. But onsite prices are more than reasonable and our price reflects the excellent facilities, the longer game day if required and our massive charm, good looks and bonhomie !  

Guest PT247

The 9th is a Dogtag gameday which is £5 cheaper and includes lunch. Gonna be tough persuading folk away from there I'd have thought. 

3 hours ago, PT247 said:

The 9th is a Dogtag gameday which is £5 cheaper and includes lunch. Gonna be tough persuading folk away from there I'd have thought. 

Unfortunately due to various issues we had to settle for the 9th of July. However, we don't intend to clash with Dogtag in the future if at all possible. It's the customers choice of course where they decide to play on any given date. However we believe our milsim lite is unique and imaginative. Though you won't know until you give us a try ! 

Just to assure you we have at least 30 already booked and some people are making over a 2 hour journey to support us. 

Regards

Russ

Guest PT247

Am hoping to try you out on your first game date but the cost is off putting as once food is taken into account you are gonna be nearly £10 more

Archived