Need advice (sniper rifles)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even more reason NOT to buy a sniper rifle. Without spending more than it costs out of the box you'll be disappointed when cheaper semi-autos take you to regen all the time.

2 minutes ago, CyberSatan.exe said:

warlord i just said i would respray over the two tone when i got it ahah 

I'd read the VCRA and ask some questions about the manufacturing of a RIF without a defence.

• Head Moderator
27 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

This is why I have given up on forums.

You sir are a bit of a nobhead if you think this is how to get help.

Welcome back oh Happy One, we have been missing the groups hugs ;)

Guest PT247

ahh that is cool, means you'll have no trouble buying a 2-tone. 

In answer to your earlier question manufacturing a RIF is not allowed even with a defence unfortunately (lots do exactly what you were planning though, just wanted you to be aware that turning an If to a RIF is always a naughty act even with a defence! :)

11 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Two tone won't do you any favours if you plan on hanging it on the wall.

I dunno, owning a pink gun can be a pretty interesting talking point.

If you want to do a bit of backyard target practise you'd genuinely be far better off with an inexpensive air rifle. Way more accurate, and safer. Lead pellets splat and stop on a decent backstop, plastic BBs bounce and tick the neighbours off. At the price you're talking about all Airsoft snipers are frustrating and a bit crap.

The Well MB 01 can be made to shoot OK up to around 60m with a £10 part and some skill with a few basic tools. But you still need a scope and mounts. A £100 AEG plus battery and charger will come in less in total, be just as accurate and be a load more fun.

Be aware of the responsibilities you have to protect others. Wave a full auto toy gun around in the back garden and wind the neighbours up and you'll have the local police knocking on your door.

Go to a skirmish a couple of times. Get stuck in and don't be a prick. People will soon acknowledge you, stop and chat, talk about their guns, let you have a go. We are all noobies at some point.

Just now, warlord said:

I dunno, owning a pink gun can be a pretty interesting talking point.

Yes....airsoft in general is an interesting talking point... :D

"so you dress in camouflage and play with toy guns?" 

1 minute ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Yes....airsoft in general is an interesting talking point... :D

"so you dress in camouflage and play with toy guns?" 

True :D

More likely the wife saying "Don't you dare tell anyone you run around playing cowboys and indians at your age!"

right guys, because everyone is just so GOD DAMN certain i shouldn't get a sniper ;) what would be your guys suggestion on how i can get started? suggest anything apart from protective clothing. i understand all of that :P 

3 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

talk about their guns

Emphasis on talking about guns, I spend half a Sunday every two weeks listening to people go on and on about their guns :lol:

2 minutes ago, warlord said:

True :D

More likely the wife saying "Don't you dare tell anyone you run around playing cowboys and indians at your age!"

Luckily for me I don't have a wife! :lol:

Just now, CyberSatan.exe said:

and where or how would i start doing that i know NONE around here that plays or likes airsoft?

Goggle airsoft near INSERT LOCATION.

Just now, Georgeturner2001 said:

Luckily for me I don't have a wife! :lol:

Oooh yeah. I've just seen your list of guns on the left

<---

Archived