Airsoft Forums UK

Airsoft optic that works on a GBBR?

MILITATED
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello!

I've got a RATech/GHK M4 that I've built and I believe it's one of the hardest kicking airsoft guns around. Because of this, the airsoft sights I've used cannot survive as they basically just get shaken to absolute failure. So far, I've used an AIM-O EOTech 556 (cost me around £50?) and a G&P T1 (about another £50). I do have one of those incredibly cheap eotech 551s you find on eBay but that'll probably break as soon as it touches the rails.

I'm aware that optics intended solely for airsoft aren't going to be amazing, but are there any airsoft optics that can actually be used on this M4, without resorting to real steel? Or should I just stick with the good old iron sights, which aren't actually iron?

Thanks!

Firstly, I would return those sights for refunds as they were clearly "not fit for purpose".

Secondly, have you thought about looking for optics designed for .22LRs? They're "real steel", but not as expensive as the high end Aimpoint and EOTech optics designed for .223 and even .308 rounds. 

The Ruger 10/22 is possibly the most common .22 rifle out there. If someone has a few .22s, there's probably a Ruger 10/22 lying in their gun locker, so I would suggest that optics designed for that will be both plentiful, and well constructed enough to withstand the recoil on your GBBR.

http://www.reloaderaddict.com/best-ruger-10-22-red-dot-sight-reflex-optic-review/

• Supporters

I use a HS403GL, but all of their optics are built to withstand being fitted to real firearms so they'll all do the job. 

Couple of guys on my team have sold their Aimpoint T1's and replaced them with holosun optics. 

Guest PT247
7 minutes ago, BigBlackGlock said:

Judging from the three recommendations, I suppose Holosun is most definitely worth researching! Any model/sight in particular that stands out to you?

This is the version I have:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Holosun-HS515C-PARALOW-Solar-Power-Flip-Cap-Red-Dot-Circle-Dot-QD-H-L-Mount-/151779858927?hash=item2356c8d9ef:g:dXgAAOSw9N1Vzi7m

Although I only paid £190 for mine from the same seller.

4 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

The GL has the battery on the side and lower profile adjustment turrets.  Other than that they're functionally identical. 

Thanks for the info :) I guess that's a go ahead on the Holosun!

Archived