sniper rifles. sping vs mancraft?

SELTS090
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 04/06/2017 at 7:54 PM, SELTS090 said:

as the title says pretty much. got an ares strike i wanna uograde but dont know which route to go down.

any input pros and cons would bbe appreciated!

Well surely, your first question should be "do your local sites have an irrational fear of HPA/CO2?"

• Supporters

And the new laws are not clear about HPA.

But the bottom line is: you have to decide yourself. Both have strong and weak points. Neither will you make a better sniper. If you want easy bolt pull but more preparation and stuff needed then mancraft it. If you want just grab the gun and go but stiffer bolt pull then spring ftw. Both will shoot the BBs the same distance and accuracy.

Guest PT247
18 minutes ago, Samurai said:

And the new laws are not clear about HPA.

But the bottom line is: you have to decide yourself. Both have strong and weak points. Neither will you make a better sniper. If you want easy bolt pull but more preparation and stuff needed then mancraft it. If you want just grab the gun and go but stiffer bolt pull then spring ftw. Both will shoot the BBs the same distance and accuracy.

my mate has the Wolverine VSR version and it is a beast, way out ranges my spring VSR. Both on similar fps and with the same hop set up.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, PT247 said:

my mate has the Wolverine VSR version and it is a beast, way out ranges my spring VSR. Both on similar fps and with the same hop set up.

It's just air, nothing magical happens there. If you push the same amount of air out of the nozzle, it will have the same effect.

Guest PT247

I can only comment on experience, mine runs out of go at 90m, his has carried on to over 120m (not with accuracy but he has 30m extra range than I do and we have the same hop unit.

13 hours ago, PT247 said:

some sites don't allow HPA/CO2 guns as they are worried folk will run hot guns

Actually I was referring to those which believe that an AEG spring has more consistent compression than a regulator. :P

It's irrational because you chrono 350 over and over, it won't change, but some site organisers think it will (fire support for one).

Archived