new player

andy87
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi there 

just new to this havent played my first game as of yet.

but looking to play on the 25th of june.

trying to get a few friends together to go but few arnt digging it.

is it weird if i show up myself??

random question 

thanks 

9 minutes ago, andy87 said:

hi there 

is it weird if i show up myself??

Hi, welcome!

No it's not weird at all. Head down to an airsoft store and browse if you think you might need to acclimate.

Not at all weird. You'll find it's a common question and many of us have turned up alone.

• Moderators

Hi,

Welcome to AFUK.....you'll soon see this post move to the new players topic :)

Where abouts are you based?

• Head Moderator

Welcome :). Many of us began as solo players but the hobby is inclusive, we all like to talk about our guns and gear, and you should soon find yourself chatting to other players in the safe zone. This forum has been great for meeting fellow members and playing at different sites.

And remember that the forum search tool is your friend when looking for information, it has a 3 character minimum length search.

38 minutes ago, andy87 said:

thanks guys 

ive not even got any stuff i was going to hire see how i liked it then buy gun and so on 

how long have you all been playing? 

am from scotland 

I'm a relative noob too. Only played 3 games so far. Using hire or borrowed guns. Hopefull do my 3rd UKARA qualifying game in June.

But I'd recommend you look at getting a few things before you play. Your own eye pro and face mask. Bolle Trakker II glasses and a One Tigris foldable face mask were my starters and for less than £25 they're better than what you'd borrow - Amazon. The other thing you should buy is a cheap tactical torch. I taped mine to the loan guns to start with. No torch is a big problem in dark CQB games.

If you rock up on your own, don't be shy. Once you've said hi you never know you may find you'll see the same people at other games so you'll feel less alone. But most important of all take your hits and have fun.

thanks its always hard dont want to show up with nothing ha 

ive orderd those glasses thanks.

now just need to try n see how i get on 

UKARA qualifying game what is that? 

is there like league tabels? 

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, andy87 said:

UKARA qualifying game what is that? 

is there like league tabels? 

Oh dear....

you best have a read of the stickied topics and the law section

im on phone so can't type loads

its one way of obtaining a RIF by playing 3 qualifying games at the same site with the required days between game 1 and 3

google UKARA 

36 minutes ago, andy87 said:

haha told you am a noob ha

kool i will go on and have wee read anything else you think i should know before i make myself look like a bigger cock haha

That so made me smile. I thought I was the biggest noob :D

• Moderators

everyone has to learn, we have all been there, some dont listen though :)

Take a read of the sticky topics and most will be explained, then any questions, post up here

Q and A

Don't worry and just go it alone.Its the best thing I ever did. Most times when you first start theres not much small talk but after a little while people start chatting to you. Also the best thing you can take with you befor you buy anything is a good sense of humour.:)

perfect thanks djben

i think i will end up going aline been wanting to do it for so long but been nervoys to do it.

well i sure do have that so that will get me thro the day rather than my bad aim ha

I started going to games alone, was pretty nervous at first as you assume to be on the fringes as the lone noob and be pretty awkward. However as I quickly learnt airsoft is a game that is BETTER the more people that participate! so as a result regulars are often welcoming and keen to fan the flames of interest in new players. Don't be shy, Get stuck in, call your hits and you will be quickly accepted into the airsoft community.

Archived