Stirling airsoft themed game

sutty7100
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys just after a bit of advice, me an my lad are attending op red snow at catterick fibua village and I wondered what food would be best to take?  Has anyone attended a Stirling event before will there be time to heat anything up or is it just grabbing a bite when we can.  Cheers for any help.

I've not done milsim, but if I ever do find myself doing thus, I'll be eating this for sure.

Just get one of those circular pouches, add some cardboard padding, and you can keep the shaker in there, and the flour/water in your backpack or the safezone, and you just mix it an eat it on the go. I eat this stuff for breakfast every day (and every day I take 180 minutes to eat my breakfast) - though on a serious note, if you don't ease into it (gradually over the course of a month) you may get an upset tummy - so not a good idea to try for first time at a milsim.

Obviously warm food when you can too. :)

Food I generally use for Milsim events

"Main meals"

Self heating ration packs (order from evac8 and you'll be surprised how nice they are)

Pot noodles

Hot dogs (can cook these in my jet boil)

Snacks

Cereal bars

Sweets (I tend to go for boiled sweets)

Chocolate bars

Jerky

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

I've not done milsim, but if I ever do find myself doing thus, I'll be eating this for sure.

I think space food is overkill.

My tip is for snacks. Don't bring chocolate bars. Those will give you a quick energy burst and leave you empty and thirsty in minutes. Get oat bars. Usually there is honey on it that gives the quick accessible  energy and the oats will give you the slower absorbed nutrient.

Also don't overeat, but do drink a lot.

1 hour ago, Samurai said:

My tip is for snacks. Don't bring chocolate bars. Those will give you a quick energy burst and leave you empty and thirsty in minutes. Get oat bars. Usually there is honey on it that gives the quick accessible  energy and the oats will give you the slower absorbed nutrient.

Also don't overeat, but do drink a lot.

I generally keep the chocolate for in the evening and will only have one at most, good shout on the oat bars (pretty much my go to is anything like that)

1 hour ago, Samurai said:

Well, depends on your point of view, certainly it might be if someone has not already got it in their diet, but I find the way you can control your intake indispensable and I cant see that being less true when running around in airsoft.

Ive done quite a few milsims but not a Stirling game, so cant answer your question from personal experience.

Your question is a sensible one; why dont you post it on the Stirling community group on Facebook ?

Failing that, its worth asking the question on the Milsim UK News and Events group on FB - quite a few Stirling players frequent that.

• Supporters

Take whatever you would take for a weekend camping. 

Ration packs, space food etc are all massively expensive for sleeping in a building for one night and playing a bit of Airsoft. 

I normally take a few bread rolls a packet of cheese/ham and a bottle of squirty mayo.  Add in some nuts/biscuits for snacks and plenty of water and I'm good for a couple of days. 

Catterick is by no means 'hard core' milsim. You'll be sleeping in buildings and will have as much down time as you need. 

I always take Homemade jerky with me when i go out on activity's. Its a lot cheaper to make your own and its really simple to do.

this is what i normally take when i go camping/reenactments etc.

-jerky

-Protein bars

-Nuts (normally almonds)

-24 hour ration pack

-All in one coffee satchels

-water... water.........water.

-hard boiled sweets

-and a couple of apples

Archived