Army L85A1/2 - good?

Sitye
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Just hoping to get some experienced advice on a purchase i made rather quickly before thinking.

The Army L85 A1/2 (SA80 for the hardcore) - is it any good?

I am not expecting Systema PTW pro grade 400m supreme accuracy, 350fps on the nose, battlefield supremacy, that's for sure.

But from what i've found online, there seems to be some hit and miss, some horror and some amazing reviews and i can't decipher what's what from it.

It's a second hand, £140 AEG i've bought, i know it'll do approx 310fps and has the additional RIS front end, so good enough for what i was after, but does anyone know whether i've bought a lemon is what i think im asking?

Churz!

Si

Guest Airsoft J2

I've had one for years - it's fine, runs pretty warm (340-350fps) but not hot. Accuracy is good. There's the odd mis-fire on full auto but with the rumours of self-stripping gear boxes on full auto, I've stuck with semi for virtually all the time without issue.

Build quality is good, not a wobble to it and plenty of metal so it feels about right. Recommended. 

Obviously no rails and the scope mount is 20mm (IIRC) rather than a standard mil rail so if you're going for a custom scope, you'll need to consider that,

Well, i've had it a while now, played a night game with it - satisfying but inaccurate is my short review.

First off, the weight, god damn it's heavy by half way in, my shoulder was ready to give out and i'm not weak at 6'4 and 20 stone.

The gun itself, mine at least, has the RIS front, and the gas block was missing some side screws meaning it wobbled - fixed by 2 tiny screws but a huge problem without. I also added some rubber washers to the barrel stabilising screws in the body.

Range from standard was impressive, but accuracy was off badly and unpredictably. 

Fire rate is low on auto, using a 7.4v Lipo gets about 3-4 rps.

Otherwise the thing is a well built, heavy duty, head turning monster bit of kit.

Tight bore and new hop with new bucking ordered to help improve some accuracy from the chinese 6.10mm standard barrel and plastic hop hopefully. Will report back in with findings after the upgrade and let you know in case anyone is interested.

Did experience 1 jam in single shot mode - apparently a common issue - switched to full, cleared it, and switched back and never had it again that night.

All in all, for £140, some paint, a £50 4xAcog style scope, and about £41 to upgrade it, i think i'll have a long term gun in my arsenal. Pretty happy.

Guest Airsoft J2

Glad you're having fun with it - be wary of full auto, they have a reputation for shearing gear boxes... I only ever use it to clear the semi-auto mis-feeds.

Archived