Paintball masks.

Dalglish
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Maybe a stupid question:) 

but why is it that I rarely see paintball masks being used for airsoft ? 

I have yet to try one other than when I used to play paintball. But they seem a good option. 

• Head Moderator

It could depend on where you play.  For indoor CQB there are many of us who wear paintball masks for eye and face protection, the Dye i4 mask being a favorite.

i love ny dye its a godsend for cqb. no fogging or anything with fuol face protection. outdoors its rare you get hit in the face so most people opt for glasses or mesh as its easier to look down the sight and move about i guess without overheating from the sun on the full face protection

With my first couple of games I used my paintball mask. Now my nephew has started playing he now uses it. Its not the best but at least it protects the whole front of your face, especially your eyes. 

Guest PT247

coz indoors is up close and personal and hurts.... outdoors I generally run a VSR so am "normally" at the end of folks ranges so it hurts less lol

Some paintball goggles can be stripped down and still be usable as eye protection, clearly in the case of the Dye i3 which was sold in paintball as a full face goggle/mask or in airsoft as only the eye protection and strap

Paintball evolved from workshop goggles, to paintball goggles, and gradually added face and ear protection. First as a separate piece like some airsoft masks and then an integrated goggle/mask

Coming from the paintball world I have a distrust of small eye protection and much prefer my entire eye area to be enclosed 

IMG_2032.PNG

IMG_2033.PNG

1 hour ago, PT247 said:

coz indoors is up close and personal and hurts.... outdoors I generally run a VSR so am "normally" at the end of folks ranges so it hurts less lol

exactly the point. a dye mask could be classed as excessive for outdoor use as its rare you get hit in the face i spose and it can be bulky which can get annoying sometimes. although the dye i4 and i5 are pretty close to the face. personal preference i guess as per usual

Ok, slightly off topic but kinda relevant.

Whilst searching around the other week I saw mesh masks advertised as paintball masks.

I ASSUMED with paintball you needed full eye pro, like plastic goggles as a paint splat could interfere with your eyesight whilst playing or be an irritant (I know its the impact of a PB hitting you which does the damage not the paint itself) but still wondered why in PB you would use mesh...??

i dont think you can use mesh in paintballing as far as im aware as the colouring goes in your eyes you can be blind. They make that wuite clear to you. i asume its just a miss sales pitch to try get a sale to a new player

6 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Ok, slightly off topic but kinda relevant.

Whilst searching around the other week I saw mesh masks advertised as paintball masks.

I ASSUMED with paintball you needed full eye pro, like plastic goggles as a paint splat could interfere with your eyesight whilst playing or be an irritant (I know its the impact of a PB hitting you which does the damage not the paint itself) but still wondered why in PB you would use mesh...??

This is what I thought....

have to be extra careful when buying stuff nowadays its terrible :( 

Wow! Mesh mask yes, mesh eye pro NOOOO!

Mind you the paint tastes horrid :) 

Its a fleabay tactic to get more people to look at that listing. That being said you have to be super carfully when getting what looks like a paint ball mask. I think I brought this up befor about an FMA masks that looked  similar to dye i4 s, exept when some one tested them they shattered. I think there is video of this same mask being tested with an aeg and also getting badly damaged.

On 25/05/2017 at 3:23 PM, Nicky blue eyes said:

Its a fleabay tactic to get more people to look at that listing. That being said you have to be super carfully when getting what looks like a paint ball mask. I think I brought this up befor about an FMA masks that looked  similar to dye i4 s, exept when some one tested them they shattered. I think there is video of this same mask being tested with an aeg and also getting badly damaged.

This popped up on Facebook today when someone asked about the FMA F1s

Its paintball testing but there are also airsoft tests online.  They aren't good

https://youtu.be/qIRC_t0BsDw

Archived