VFC HK416 Upgrade internals or HPA

asbo1991
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

Ignoring the money factor on this subject.

I am looking to bring a 2011 VFC HK416 up-to-date so to speak, my thoughts to do this will be either upgrade the internals and go HPA.

I am on the fence about doing both these and anyone's advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

HPA gear seems to being going cheaper than usual at the moment I can only assume this is due to recent act/law that was passed and people are getting rid of it out of worry?

I would personally love to see a Daytona gun kit for a 416 not sure if this is possible but its the best of both worlds and looks awesome!

8 minutes ago, skillfulmmd said:

HPA gear seems to being going cheaper than usual at the moment I can only assume this is due to recent act/law that was passed and people are getting rid of it out of worry?

I would personally love to see a Daytona gun kit for a 416 not sure if this is possible but its the best of both worlds and looks awesome!

I know what you mean, a Daytona kit would be amazing.

I am think more of a drop in kit for example the Wolverine Inferno Gen2 or P* jack

1 minute ago, proffrink said:

There are DG kits available for the VFC 416. However, it's not as straight-forward an install as many others.

excuse me being thick here proffrink DG? Daytona GUN?

Scrolled down and saw the bold writing saying its not AEG Receivers, ah well looking at the drop-in's it is for HPA.

is it worth plunging into the HPA world with the new laws or shall I follow the tried and tested AEG upgrade route?

• Root Admin

Personally I wouldn't worry about the laws because they're as grey as ever and will need to go through the courts before we know what's-what. This is still something we're waiting for with the relevant parts of VCRA since 2007. Just as with VCRA, the relevant parts of Policing and Crime Act 2017 adds prosecutory powers that aren't really intended for airsofters and will likely never get a look-in on the enforcement level just as those bits of VCRA never did.

That's absolutely just one opinion though.

haven't thought about from this perspective just assumed that they had made it hard an fast but enforcement wise I guess is pretty difficult.

cheers for the input Proffrink

10 hours ago, asbo1991 said:

Hi Guys,

Ignoring the money factor on this subject.

I am looking to bring a 2011 VFC HK416 up-to-date so to speak, my thoughts to do this will be either upgrade the internals and go HPA.

I am on the fence about doing both these and anyone's advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Well, if you go polarstar, you couldn't pick a better gun, the fusion engine is designed for VFC guns. :)

12 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

Well, if you go polarstar, you couldn't pick a better gun, the fusion engine is designed for VFC guns. :)

I was sure when I was asking about buying it you said this, so you suggest go for the fusion engine if I go HPA or would the JACK be ok?

31 minutes ago, asbo1991 said:

I was sure when I was asking about buying it you said this, so you suggest go for the fusion engine if I go HPA or would the JACK be ok?

I'm not experienced to give a recommendation, as it stands however I can tell you that the JACK is designed to be budget HPA and should not be in consideration if you can afford the F1 (highest compatibility). The fusion engine on the other hand, is without a doubt better than the other polarstar products at what it does.

My suggestion here is only that you read about why the F1 is better than the JACK. If you can afford the F1, do not get the JACK.

As for the fusion engine I simply intended to state that it was designed for VFC v2/v3 guns and leave it at that.

Thanks Sacarthe back to google to find out as much as possible :)

Archived