Selling to USA

gafferdog
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator

I remember something about US airsoft guns must have orange tips to distinguish them from a real steel gun.  Link here to a thread about bringing personal guns into US https://airsoft-forums.uk/index.php?/topic/27955-orange-tips/#comment-212957 for some background reading.

You wont be breaking any laws here. The trouble may be that it doesn't meet the law of their country or state. As Jedi said, you'll see all their rifs have orange tips though.

Not just USA I'd be wary of any international sale. What would you do if it got confiscated at customs? Which of you takes the loss?

Thanks all - I'm also thinking that they are cheaper in the US anyway so why would they want one form here sent... maybe because of the lack of orange tip... 

good point about customs - thanks

The US don't have RIFs but do have the orange barrel tip for showing that it's a 'toy' and not a real gun

(Personnaly I'm of the old school when UK orange tips meant a toy gun that didn't shoot anything, and that toy guns that did shoot didn't have the tip.  Time has changed and toys follow the American design of the tip meaning it's a toy whether it shoots or not - which means kids get shot in the eye)

This guy guy put together a video of his experience flying into the US with custom gear and almost lost it all or would have gone to great expense.

Have a watch and I'll summarize some points 

There are other videos that he posted whilst at the airport etc going through the process pretty much lice

Before traveling he researched and contacted the airline etc, got through checks exporting and checking in at the desk, but had problems when his case got pulled by us customs

partly he failed the attitude test with a confrontational situation, arguing that customs were wrong about us law and some 'facts' about orange tips being impossible in paintball

not true, see below *

His gear was disallowed by customs and his solutions were confiscation & destruction or paying for a broker to securely hold and ship back

going through the broker route another customs official was a paintballer and reversed the decision

for the way home he went majorly the other way and oranged up everything in sight

he raises a point that 'anyone with a trained eye can clearly see its paintball and not a firearm', that's no major help and in the U.K. (Unless we get the frangible paintball firearms act Defence) then 'a trained eye' is no Defence from a RIF. 

* hammer 7 orange tip

Compare his custom conversion to 

The hammer 7 is sold around the world with an orange tip, see picture 2

everyone takes it off, see picture 3

IMG_1891.JPG

IMG_1889.JPG

IMG_1890.JPG

Archived