Sniper rifles?

Joe142
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So after a lot of thought I've decided I want to get into airsoft sniping, I love the idea of hanging back and silently taking out tangos whist still supporting your team, I have no idea what rifle to get tho, I've been looking at the novrisch ssg24 as it's amazing value for money coming with a case, the rifle itself able to shoot upto an M190 spring and it seems like a perfect rifle in my opinion, however my downfall is not having a ukara membership (I'm a reenactor so I usually have reasonable cause) to order it from him I need a ukara number, sucks right :/ so just wondering on people's opinion on other rifles on the market able to match this one? 

https://novritsch.com/product/novritsch-ssg24-airsoft-sniper-rifle/

Tokyo Mauri VSR11 and upgrade it yourself, or some people recommend the Ares amoeba striker. Bespoke airsoft have an upgraded hop chamber in the works and I'm sure there are plenty of other upgrades.

• Supporters

Don't get a two tone sniper rifle. That's just silly. Screams noob and one of the sniper's weapon is his intimidating presence on the field. Play the 3 games with rental (and by that time you will probably find that airsoft sniping is not about fantastic long range hits).

If you still want to snipe after that, then get the Ares striker or the A&K M24 if you can find one. Those two are currently the best value for the money choices. If you want to upgrade everything yourself then a Bar-10, but be prepared for many games with a semi or non working rifle. Learning to build the parts into the gun takes a lot of time.

Guest PT247

I do love the idea of trolling a game in a hoody and tracky bottoms with a 2-tone VSR (fully upgraded and scopcam'd up)

I'm definitely not getting 2 tone that would look rediculous, I'm willing to spend about 500 for the starter rifle then upgrade over time, I have played a game or two with my m4 but i would prefer a bit more of a stealthy play style rather than the run and gun, I was also looking at the tm m40a5? 

4 minutes ago, Joe142 said:

I'm definitely not getting 2 tone that would look rediculous, I'm willing to spend about 500 for the starter rifle then upgrade over time, I have played a game or two with my m4 but i would prefer a bit more of a stealthy play style rather than the run and gun, I was also looking at the tm m40a5? 

Wouldn't recommend the m40a5, the way the rifle feeds isn't great as not all of the bbs in the magazine can be fired, you need to insert a new magazine to feed the existing bbs in the Feeding tube, 6 of them I believe.

Ohh right so not great then, cheers for the info 

Also looking at the tm vsr-10 there are 2 versions the vsr-10 g spec and the vsr-10 pro, what are the differences between the 2?

Guest PT247

g-spec has a silencer which works, is also shorter, also has a rail fitted. Pro has non of those things but has a longer barrel which some may say is better... but this is airsoft and barrel length has NOTHING to do with range/accuracy.... compared to the same gun with shorter barrel and hop but with the same exit fps

So the g spec is probably the better option? Due to the extras included 

3 hours ago, PT247 said:

I do love the idea of trolling a game in a hoody and tracky bottoms with a 2-tone VSR (fully upgraded and scopcam'd up)

Honestly apart from the TDC mod mine looks completely stock. Casual clothes all the time though, the best camo is to hide in plain sight! The best way to troll other players is to tag them 3 times while they look around wondering if they got shot or not, a .45g BB to the exposed areas usually encorouges them :P

Archived