G&G Combat Machine AEG CM16 Raider-L DST

poachedeggz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking at this rifle - http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318_403&products_id=6084, after reading The Beginners Guide to Airsoft and going for a G&G Combat Machine. It has good reviews on the site. Can anyone tell me how to find out how upgradeable a gun is further down the line? Would this be a good base to start, or would buying something a bit more expensive prove a beter investment? 

• Supporters

I bought exactly the same gun 4 years ago, great gun.

and I still have mine, but it's been modded abit now (p* jack'ed, different stock/barrel etc) I think the only original parts is the mechbox shell, and receiver :lol:

it is a good starter gun, I would advise going with the regular length barrel and not the long barrel, if you plan on doing any cqb. It won't make that much difference but a shorter barrel is a lot easier to use from my experience, but at the end of the day it's your choice.

4 minutes ago, sp00n said:

I bought exactly the same gun 4 years ago, great gun.

and I still have mine, but it's been modded abit now (p* jack'ed, different stock/barrel etc) I think the only original parts is the mechbox shell, and receiver :lol:

it is a good starter gun, I would advise going with the regular length barrel and not the long barrel, if you plan on doing any cqb. It won't make that much difference but a shorter barrel is a lot easier to use from my experience, but at the end of the day it's your choice.

Thanks for the reply! I like the look of longer guns but I'll bear that in mind when making my final decision. However, is it possible to get the 4 side rail to cover the entire barrel on this particular gun should I go with the long version, is it an after market part that I need? Mainly for aestetic reasons and adding more accessories down the line.

13 minutes ago, poachedeggz said:

Thanks for the reply! I like the look of longer guns but I'll bear that in mind when making my final decision. However, is it possible to get the 4 side rail to cover the entire barrel on this particular gun should I go with the long version, is it an after market part that I need? Mainly for aestetic reasons and adding more accessories down the line.

There are literally hundreds of after market front RIS and RAS Rails to chose from so yes its something you can get down the line if you wanted to have a longer or shorter rail.

4 hours ago, poachedeggz said:

Anything is possible.

personally, I think mk18s and block lls look pretty good, sounds like that's what you want, you'll need to remove the front sight post and get a new handguard.

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Anything is possible.

personally, I think mk18s and block lls look pretty good, sounds like that's what you want, you'll need to remove the front sight post and get a new handguard.

Just incase you didn't know or was not aware, cm16's have 3 peace outer barrels, and the front post is part of the front barrel section. 

easy to change the whole outer barrel mind

5 minutes ago, sp00n said:

Just incase you didn't know or was not aware, cm16's have 3 peace outer barrels, and the front post is part of the front barrel section. 

No i didn't know, never owned one.

thanks for clearing that up, maybe I should do more research before trying to give advice!

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

No i didn't know, never owned one.

thanks for clearing that up, maybe I should do more research before trying to give advice!

No probs mate, and worry not, the reason I know is because I was looking at a pic of my old barrel

i removed part of it, and could never get it to align straight again <_< so I just replaced it with a solid barrel

1 hour ago, sp00n said:

Any idea what length hand guard I'd need to get to cover the entire barrel?

• Supporters
22 hours ago, poachedeggz said:

Any idea what length hand guard I'd need to get to cover the entire barrel?

Sorry mate, I have no idea :(

36 minutes ago, sp00n said:

Sorry mate, I have no idea :(

No worries :) I did a bit more research and decided to go with the G&G CM16 SR-XL in the end, and that has the full length hand guard. It's hopefully coming tomorrow! 

Archived