New from Northampton

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone, completely new player from Northampton looking for recommendations for sites around the Northampton or surrounding areas. I've looked at Close Action in Kettering and The Gaol in leicester which looks really good with regular game days. If anyone goes or has been to these sites, can you recommend them? Are they inclusive enough for one person to just turn up and be teamed up etc?

Welcome fellow noob.

I went to the Gaol on my own and other than the loan gun having been fingered more time than Jordan it's a great site. So far turning up on your own to these events isn't any kind of problem at all. My style is dark and sneaky cqb and I do tend to end up on my own a lot. Even going with a friend you end up alone ans one gets hit and you lose each other going to and from regen. But it's fine to turn up alone and get stuck in with the other guys. Make some new friends. You also shouldn't feel alienated by not having a full load out. Just wear comfortable stuff you can roll about in and trow yourself into the games. HAve fun and don't worry about the fashion parade :)

• Head Moderator

Welcome :). Many of us began as solo players but the hobby is inclusive, we all like to talk about our guns and gear, and you should soon find yourself chatting to other players in the safe zone. This forum has been great for meeting fellow members and playing at different sites.

Use the search tool and try looking for posts with Northampton, for example, and read through any threads that may help.  Also, leave a review of a site you play at so others in the future can see what Northampton offers.

I'm also in Northampton and quite new having only played once at Skirmish Central just outside Northampton which is a good woodland site and can defo recommend.

RIFT in Banbury will be my next site to visit soon I hope 

Archived