Hey I'm new and need help!

Dalsu
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys I just joined today, always been interested in guns and I've finally been able to convince my parents and S/O to let me buy one.

Atm I do not have a license and haven't been to tournaments so I understand I'll only be able to buy a two toned electric rifle

Basically I'm here to ask for recommendations and links as I'm based in the UK.  I don't want to spend too much my budget is around £80 sorry if this is in the wrong area of the forums I'm new to airsoft and this forum.

Thanks! 

Guest PT247

have a read of the sticky threads, most questions you may have will probably be answered by doing so. I do suggest saving a bit more though as the skirmishable AEGs generally start (not in all cases) around the £130 mark

4 minutes ago, PT247 said:

have a read of the sticky threads, most questions you may have will probably be answered by doing so. I do suggest saving a bit more though as the skirmishable AEGs generally start (not in all cases) around the £130 mark

Thanks for the reply mate!

Most of the ones I've seen around that price range aren't two toned, any chance you could link me some that are? I'll take a look at the stickied posts now

Guest PT247

Most reputable retailers will 2tone it for you, some charge, some don't. Please don't buy a crap gun from a "just BB guns" type shop.... they sell garbo and misrepresent the abilities of the crap they sell.

14 minutes ago, PT247 said:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318_403_720&products_id=5281

as an example, other places may be cheaper but iirc Zero One do a free 2tone service.

Okay I've just had a look around that website seems good, what would be the best starting gun for me to get though, i see that the bundle has one but I dont necessarily mind buying the gun first then the accessories after so a bundle isn't necessary just the single gun atm or is that gun really good?

Guest PT247

The Combat Machine range is what is generally suggested to new players as they are skirmishable guns, they are reliable and not too much money. It all depends on your budget. You will need a battery and a charger as well as some BBs and facepro/eyepro etc to be able to skirmish.

So if you were just looking at guns (not batteries or any other stuff), what would your max budget be?

Just now, PT247 said:

The Combat Machine range is what is generally suggested to new players as they are skirmishable guns, they are reliable and not too much money. It all depends on your budget. You will need a battery and a charger as well as some BBs and facepro/eyepro etc to be able to skirmish.

So if you were just looking at guns (not batteries or any other stuff), what would your max budget be?

150 give or take a couple quid? Do you not get batteries and chargers with the guns? 

Guest PT247

buying secondhand you want to ensure you are not paying too much.... Generally (there are exceptions) upgrades and accessories don't add value to second hand sales.... at least not at this price range.

Okay thanks for all your help, I just have one more question, What should i look for in a gun as a total beginner? Like what should i be looking for in order to make the purchase

14 minutes ago, PT247 said:

buying secondhand you want to ensure you are not paying too much.... Generally (there are exceptions) upgrades and accessories don't add value to second hand sales.... at least not at this price range.

Guest PT247

asthetics, you want to like the look/feel of what you are paying a lot of money for. Caviat time: Look at the G&G Combat Machine range. M4's have a million accessories and mag choices available

Agreed, for a beginners gun I would buy something new, branded and something you like the look/feel/idea of. no point buying an AK or a sniper if its not what you ideally want.

Also avoid second hand unless you know the seller, you have no idea what has been done to it or the condition it is in. Entry level guns like the combat raiders or nuprol delta are great for beginners, obviously its better to have a higher budget but nothing wrong with starting somewhere.

Wait until your really into it and have saved up some more before looking to spend £300+

As mentioned its all the extra which bump up your budget, a gun is a gun. You get 1 mag and some polystyrene. you still need:

Mags

battery

charger

sling (never underestimate the importance of a good sling, and never buy cheap. A crappy one will snap dropping your gun into the mud or on the concrete potentially ruining it!

eye pro or full face mask if your under 18 (you said about parents allowing you so I assume you are a youngling)

And thats just the essentials, then there the needs:

boots

clothing

knee pads

gloves

optics

spare mags

plate carrier

pistol

pouches

hydration

helmet

patches

grips

stocks

upgrades

gun bling

2nd primary weapon

and all the accessories to go with that :P

Welcome to airsoft it will keep you poor!!!

I forgot a gun bag, spare batteries, bbs, tracer unit, rubber knife, radio and speedloaders ;)

Archived