ASG Scorpion evo v3 BET vs Krytac Trident MK2 cbr?

victim
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator
8 minutes ago, victim said:

I'd like to ask a question about spring swapping mid match, do people do it? Get chronoed in then swap springs when no one is looking?

I have never seen it happen, and I hope that it would get reported to a marshal if it was seen. Definitely a c*nt's trick if someone is trying to cheat the chronograph and use a hot gun.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, victim said:

more great advice, this place is amazing.

My first gun was from justbbguns.co.uk and it was great in the garden against my brother. Now, I've got a Tokyo Mauri recoil shock so you've got to start somewhere!

you mentioned milsims so I'd go with the CRB.

well I asked him for the name of his gun after we finished and noted it down because it seemed like the best one out there that day and hurt me the most when hit, then someone here mentioned spring swapping being easy and I did a bit of google-fu and it made me wonder.

How do you call cheaters out without getting into a fist fight? People can take it pretty serious. And as you can see the way I use my words usually triggers people but I'm honestly a decent guy. I didn't even once say to a marshal about them not calling hits, I just shot them more. One guy was behind a tree and I put maybe 40-50 pellets on his legs and he just kept swapping sides of the tree. It didn't really bother me too much that day but I think it would become an issue on intense games

Just now, victim said:

well I asked him for the name of his gun after we finished and noted it down because it seemed like the best one out there that day and hurt me the most when hit, then someone here mentioned spring swapping being easy and I did a bit of google-fu and it made me wonder.

How do you call cheaters out without getting into a fist fight? People can take it pretty serious. And as you can see the way I use my words usually triggers people but I'm honestly a decent guy. I didn't even once say to a marshal about them not calling hits, I just shot them more. One guy was behind a tree and I put maybe 40-50 pellets on his legs and he just kept swapping sides of the tree. It didn't really bother me too much that day but I think it would become an issue on intense games

Where abouts was this?

3 minutes ago, victim said:

Northern Ireland, I don't really wana say the site, because I've only been to it a few times and it wouldn't be fair to tar it without knowing if those guys were regulars

What's your budget for a new gun?

is Ireland under the one joule limit?

4 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

My answer is then....which ever one you prefer aesthetically!

My krytac was pretty good.

But you ended up swapping it for the TM Scar? How does that compare, is it another small step up or does it feel like a huge leap?

Just now, victim said:

But you ended up swapping it for the TM Scar? How does that compare, is it another small step up or does it feel like a huge leap?

Hard to really comment as I'm a bit of a TM fan boy now.

At the end of the day, it's shooting plastic BBs at eachother and all of the guns do the same thing.

I'd say get whatever one feels best, the krytac has the upper hand when it comes to magazines as they are cheaper and more readily available.

11 minutes ago, PT247 said:

Just helping you become your username dude, happy to help!

Gonna need some water for that burn! Ouch!

Guest PT247
4 minutes ago, victim said:

Does yours stand for PotaToe 24/7? Should I just call you Spud 9/11 from now on?

well you have already called me a c*nt, so do you want ketchup with those fries?

Victim, I think all the guys were trying to do was point out that with airsoft being under scrutiny for a while, everyone has to watch what they do.

It would be no surprise to me if there were guests to the forum who do go through topics and posts to see what's being said, and nit pick at things being said that changes their opinions.

"Players in woods with Airsoft Electric Guns" would be easy enough to change to "Local field hosts guests with Replica Weapons."

Its a sport that needs more protected at the moment, especially with new laws coming into place all the time regarding it.

Well this thread has entertained me for the morning.

So i know a few people who have both, to be honest both have good qualities.  Dont forget how important it is, for how the RIF feels in your hands.  At the of the day you can upgrade all of them, but if you buy something because it has a little bit better range, but it is umcomforatble to play with, then you will stop enjoying yourself very quickly.  I would say that last i checked, upgrade parts for both are readily available, but to be careful as im sure that Krytac have proprietary gears, not the biggest problem in the world, i just be careful when companies start throwing the word proprietary around.  But for that budget, i personally would buy secondhand, then spend what was left on upgrades.  It would also be a good reason to learn how the internals are set up.

12 hours ago, PT247 said:

well you have already called me a c*nt, so do you want ketchup with those fries?

I said there was no need for you to act like a c*nt, but you've proven yourself to be one too.

And from the likes of you I would expect no less than brown sauce with those fries.

Ask the guys on the forums if you need airsoft info they said, they'll be quite helpful they said.

Who'd thought you could get into a 2 day argument with territorial 3k post forum clowns, all high fiving each other on their insults. GG guys. Thanks for the help.

What I learned, do not call a replica weapon a weapon, call it a toy gun or a small pack of airsoft justice warriors will come out of the shadows dressed like a special ops force and turn your thread into a sh*t show warzone that would be on the "hot topic" list for days.

• Head Moderator
25 minutes ago, victim said:

I said there was no need for you to act like a c*nt

I would not normally comment but I believe that statement is exactly the same as calling him one (which I think unjustified) and the statement does imply it.  On a forum it is not easy to know how you would normally talk or interact with people, we can only infer it from what is posted. 

17 minutes ago, victim said:

Ask the guys on the forums if you need airsoft info they said, they'll be quite helpful they said.

Who are "they"?  

If you had posted in the new players area then I would have said welcome :) and mentioned the friendly banter, quick wit and repartee. Every day is a learning day.

Guest PT247

As for help.... I have given you an informed opinion on both the AEGs you asked about stating pros and cons for both.

You did and I thanked you for your help, I don't mind a bit of friendly banter either. And now thanks to "Ujustgotsarged"  I understand why you corrected my use of the word weapon, doesn't excuse the intent behind how you said it or that you tried to swap it around on me for using a swear word. But hey we're all adults here right?

Archived