Looking for a new gun for my Birthday: NUPROL DELTA Recon Alpha

TinCan
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey, so I am spending some money on my birthday in a month on a new rifle, to upgrade from my 3rd hand CM16. I was wondering is this a good choice?

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-m4-m15-m16-variants/nuprol-delta-recon-alpha-aeg-rifle-black.htm

If it is, can you recommend any attachments and such for it?

Or any alternative weapons.

Thanks guys!

No clue mate, one shop said G&G was bad, another said they are great. Just want to work out whats cheaper, build a DMR, or a sniper and sidearm

• Supporters

G&G are a great make for the money. 

You need to decide yourself what best suits your play style, are you patient enough to snipe, do you like being stealthy, or are you happier in the thick of it playing on the front lines.  I have Assault, Support, Sniper and DMR, all have their advantages, and disadvantages. 

With snipers and DMRs you have to consider minimum engagement distance. 

You also have to consider the cost involved, if your buying new, snipers and DMRs usually require heavy modifications and upgrades to get them to a level your happy with, this costs a lot of money in parts, let alone service costs at shops if your getting it done by someone else.

Have a good long think about exactly what class you want to be, then come back to us and we can help. 

Happy Shootin'. 

Ok, I am speaking to a technician at my field and he said he could upgrade my CM16 from G&G to fire like a DMR, which is an option, just going to ask him whats cheaper, sniper and sidearm or working on my rifle

The law is up in arms about DMRs atm, its not a good time to be building them out of a select fire model.

It's been implied that those types of guns will, when firing above the joule limit for full auto guns, be treated as converted from full auto and thus capable of conversion back again.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, TinCan said:

Ok, I am speaking to a technician at my field and he said he could upgrade my CM16 from G&G to fire like a DMR, which is an option, just going to ask him whats cheaper, sniper and sidearm or working on my rifle

DMR's are basically pointless the extra few meters you get for the 400fps isn't worth the restrictions of the M.E.D. 

Most DMR's are crap anyway and are no better than a stock TM or any other decent manufacturer. I have tested my gun against a few and I have kept up or outshot all and my primary is only 325fps. A friend has not long spent a fortune on one but his stock G&G scar out performs it. Dont believe the hype.

Be careful of technicians at fields because everytime I go I meet a self proclaimed airsoft tech and I wouldn't trust most of them with lego let alone a few hundred pounds of toy gun. Most airsoft guns perform better if left alone and most upgrades are just rose tinted glasses. 

On 5/7/2017 at 11:00 PM, ImTriggerHappy said:

DMR's are basically pointless the extra few meters you get for the 400fps isn't worth the restrictions of the M.E.D. 

Most DMR's are crap anyway and are no better than a stock TM or any other decent manufacturer. I have tested my gun against a few and I have kept up or outshot all and my primary is only 325fps. A friend has not long spent a fortune on one but his stock G&G scar out performs it. Dont believe the hype.

Be careful of technicians at fields because everytime I go I meet a self proclaimed airsoft tech and I wouldn't trust most of them with lego let alone a few hundred pounds of toy gun. Most airsoft guns perform better if left alone and most upgrades are just rose tinted glasses. 

Yeh, this guy works at the field but has his own team of 3-4 guys that own a workshop, he seems legit enough and was happy to offer just advice.                                   I was also looking at this: GUN 

It has decent reviews, and I was thinking of putting this on it: Optics and a fore-grip, then in a few months asking the tech for any suggestions on new parts to increase range, and its hop? I think I am kind of a noob.    

• Supporters

Any particular reason why your looking at that gun? There are a few from the same manufacturer that are a hell of a lot cheaper, which if your starting out, may help you in the long run. 

Well, I was told a longer barrel makes it easier to build a DMR off, as essentially, what I gather is, that FPS isn't the end of the world, making it go a longer distance comes from a longer barrel and a good hop up? Essentially, I amen't a very fit person, and carrying all my kit running really close with my current crappy close range gun takes its toll on me. So I want something I can use medium-long range (so I will put a variable scope on it) but also giving me the option to go close. I was told a G&G is good, and from personal use I agree. I am open to suggestions from people who aren't technicians of course with no bias.

• Supporters

As I said at the beginning G&G are a great make. I own one, heck I sold an apparently "better make" and bought a g&g cm16 because it did what I wanted better. I am no technical genius, just learning about the tech side of these myself, however I have read a lot on this forum and others that might come of use to you. 

If your sure you want a DMR, you might want to read this:https://www.reddit.com/r/airsoft/comments/3hu8dt/updated_holy_grail_dmr_guide_for_2015/

(if someone else thinks this is a load of bollocks, please let me know)

That should hopefully give you a better understanding of what you require in a decent DMR.

2 hours ago, Prisce said:

As I said at the beginning G&G are a great make. I own one, heck I sold an apparently "better make" and bought a g&g cm16 because it did what I wanted better. I am no technical genius, just learning about the tech side of these myself, however I have read a lot on this forum and others that might come of use to you. 

If your sure you want a DMR, you might want to read this:https://www.reddit.com/r/airsoft/comments/3hu8dt/updated_holy_grail_dmr_guide_for_2015/

(if someone else thinks this is a load of bollocks, please let me know)

That should hopefully give you a better understanding of what you require in a decent DMR.

G&G Armament Combat Machine CM16 SRXL - Black or NUPROL Delta Recon, most notably the NUPROL Has 28 higher fps, anything elsew you can see?

• Supporters

People on the forums seem to think the nuprol guns aren't very good. I personally have no experience with them so can't comment. 

Ok, it seems kinda hard, one store said G&G aren't good, some people told me NURPOL aren't, is the MOSFET worth it with the G&G over the extra 47 FPS from the NUPROL and 0.5 inch longer barrel.

When I started airsoft almost two years ago I said I won't be running around with a gun based on the AR15 platform...

Now I have a Nuprol Delta SopMod and am more than happy with it that I take it with to every game day I go.

The new Deltas are quite nice, the Defender's cheaper cost is achieved through using non-metal receiver/rail, but the internals are the same across the Delta range. I never owned a CM16 so can't compare it to that one, however based on how my Nuprol plays (and that of friends), I can recommend that one.

DeltaSopMod.jpg

Guest PT247

lol, I didn't ask, but looking at the rest of his kit I don't think it was. I'll try and grab a go on one at somepoint as generally I am a hater of their products (although I like their 4.0 gas and 11.1v LiPos)

Archived