Ukara Website Not Functioning

justme123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello All,

Ukara has been down for some time now see below, can anyone shed some light on what's going on as I've tried contacting them to no avail.

Becoming a little frustrating for me considering I've purchased a bunch of camo gear and run around with a blue fluorescent airsoft gun!

This is not intended as a rant just generally would like to know peoples thoughts and why this is acceptable for an already difficult hobby to get into! 

Dear retailers and game sites

• 27/04/17: Due to ongoing technical issues with a system restructure please email [email protected] for further details and processing.
  • 31/03/17: Email sent to all registered sites and retailers.

You can still use ukara at the appropriate stores, you can still be added to the database (in person if you coordinated the correct paperwork) and you can still import.

UKARA still functions normally.

Admittedly if there are no approved sites or stores near to you that sucks - but the website being up wouldn't help you then either.

49 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

You can still use ukara at the appropriate stores, you can still be added to the database (in person if you coordinated the correct paperwork) and you can still import.

Admittedly if there are no approved sites or stores near to you that sucks - but the website being up wouldn't help you then either.

Okay, thanks i'll try asking my site to contact them to add me on the database. My site did tell me to tell any retailer to contact them direct to verify ukara, but I'm really not entirely sure how that would work without being on the database, It's just so I can spray my gun at the moment.

But am looking at importing various things from taiwan online :ph34r:

Thanks

2 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

well i cant get my ukara renewed, try as i might. 

• Supporters
23 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

THE DATABASE IS REAL

Then whomever you're dealing with is a moron.

I got told by someone who actually deals with the whole UKARA thing that the database is only running on existing data and no new data can be added at the moment.  Not sure how long this is for because there are a dozen different stories on whats wrong.

35 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

got told by someone who actually deals with the whole UKARA thing that the database is only running on existing data and no new data can be added at the moment.

Maybe they could put out a statment so we all know what the situation is and not rely on on chinese wispers.

• Head Moderator

Just blame Brexit, apparently it is the cause of all misfortune :(

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Nicky blue eyes said:

Hmmmm sounds a bit cloak and daggery to me but I might just give it  a go.

Why cloak and daggery?

Firesupport are the main people behind UKARA and Frank is the guy who owns firesupport. He is generally quite friendly and helpful.

Guest PT247
1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Ring Firesupport and ask for Frank.

28 minutes ago, Nicky blue eyes said:

Hmmmm sounds a bit cloak and daggery to me but I might just give it  a go.

hahahaha, wring dodgy Frank, he hangs around out t' back of shop in the ally.... he'll sort you out, just don't mention Nam or look him in the eye! :D

yeah i heard the the ukara system was having problems, so they tried opening it up, fitting a mosfet to the psu and putting a new hop rubber in the hard drive but for some reason this made things worse. go figure

Speaking on this matter.  What is everyone doing to check details for private/2nd hand sales.  Is it just as described an email to ukara or is there a faster method at the moment.  I'm after selling one of my guns and curious what people are doing.

Thanks in advance

Whats stopping you buying a gun ? Just use your Membeship details and tell seller to contact the site, it's slower an more effort but the sales process dosent need to grind to a halt like some seem to think, or the OP copied a email address which i assume from how its worded means you can email ukara for a check still. we as players don't actually pay for UKARA so while it's frustrating I think some need to remember it's been a free service run by some shops to save hassle for themselves when selling guns , we just happened to benefit from it as well with faster and simpler process. I would however question how quiet they have been about it for so long. Certainly not normal for maintenance etc so the real question is why haven't they been more open about it all

Whilst you may be able to get a retailer to ship It'll stop you being able to satisfy customs though won't it?

3 hours ago, lemon191 said:

we as players don't actually pay for UKARA so while it's frustrating I think some need to remember it's been a free service run by some shops to save hassle for themselves when selling guns ,

Oxymoron much?

10 hours ago, warlord said:

Whilst you may be able to get a retailer to ship It'll stop you being able to satisfy customs though won't it?

Why ? Ukara is just a data Base that stores your site membership number, the defence is site membership and customs can contact your site as evidence 

8 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

Oxymoron much?

The fact I said free or service ? 

Its benefited us and has had the self check etc so yeah its been of service to us however let's face it the original idea was to make it easier for shops to check memberships 

Archived