new players in airsofting

sam_cartridge
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I cant be the only one who has noticed that when the new players come onto a site with there budget two tone guns that as much as I am kind, caring and helpful to ease them into the sport they seem to think they know everything and much more about the rules than say me someone who has been doing this for near 3 years now

• Supporters

Yes you are actually.

I find that the people who moan about new players are usually more of an issue than the new players themselves. In my experience the new players throw themselves in more than most of the more so called experienced players and generally have a lot more fun.

Give me a team of newbs with rentals and two tones over the multiglam elitist crowd anyday.

32 minutes ago, sam_cartridge said:

I cant be the only one who has noticed that when the new players come onto a site with there budget two tone guns that as much as I am kind, caring and helpful to ease them into the sport they seem to think they know everything and much more about the rules than say me someone who has been doing this for near 3 years now

Is that a game site or a web site? :P

imtriggerhappy tbh I'm more of a grey jacket no chest rig run and gun pistol type myself and I'm not moaning I acknowledge that once upon a time I was a newb as well and I needed all of the support but its just those new players if I'm honest it's more the older new players that are just arrogant when receiving advice from people such as me at the age of 16 even though I am simply trying to help

I find most new players to be ok, we where all there once. Do find some get confused other hit taking (normal not recognising the sound of a hit on there jacket) or just hiding behind cover. But they learn with guidance, there is always going to be those who will not listen and I am speaking about both new and existing, with existing players being the worst in my opinion.

I'm a relatively new player myself having started in October but I'm happy to try and encourage newer players with the sport.

Although I'm more likely to encourage them to go first and get hit instead of me, but I'm a bit of a git at times :P

• Moderators

New players at urban today were good and got stuck in unlike a lot of general players who seemed to sit around at respawn a bit enjoying the sun ☹️, i pay to play!!!

I did hear at one point some guy had pinned down 6 of them behind a wall :P:P:P

On 4/30/2017 at 6:10 PM, Sacarathe said:

The excitement oozing from new players is always fun.

Damn auto correct, you wanted to type "excrement" didnt you :P 

I've been playing since about 2003/4 and can honestly say the only thing i feel for newbies is sorry, watching them expect the range and trajectory of a real bullet and then realising they are completely outmatched by the 48 year old man, with 3 grands worth of kit and a multicrap boonie (always the boonie) i just think, damn, borrow mine and get a real feel for it.

That said, i always try to befriend the new players, they are always the most enthusiastic and friendly. 

The thing is most of us are products of the internet generation. You tube is both a godsend and a curse. Its an old saying but there is no substitute for experiance. So most newbies go in with expectations of needing the best kit in the world, the most expensive gun and the a knowledge of all the rules (rightly or wrongly). Its kind of like anything in life. It all depends on the person. If they are willing to change their ways to fit in a bit better. Happy days if not then there is no easy way to help them. This covers the whole age range from 15 with dad to 55 thinking they're Rambo.

All, the only complaint to come across is the Dead men don't talk rule, we had a young party at the site this week and they were great fun, a few not taking hits but they just got hit more :lol:. I found a poor lost soul and he shadowed me and too all the directions ( even the cannon fodder ones :D). I let hit shot first to get kills and take flags from bases. I hope he had fun and comes back as a sport / hobby is nothing without the players.

11 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

Autocorrect in windows would be lovely.:huh:

Autocorrect for Windows would be called Linux :P

Archived