Berets

Blocko_23
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi was reading a previous ai mag and i there was an article in there about berets being frowned upon in airsoft so i throught id get some other opinions on this.

I personally dont see the problem with them i love wearing mine in the summer but i dnt want to be frowned on lol

Who knows why they are frowned upon and frankly who cares if u like it mate u wear it crack on. I personally wouldn't wear mine to a skirmish because there is far more tactical headwear on the Market. Plus in the military, berets are something you earn so that's probably what they mean.

Generic berets, whether they're green, blue, red, or pink with yellow polka-dots are fine.

If it's a specific unit's beret, people don't like you wearing them, because it's very rare that you've earnt it (Para/RoyalMarine/22Reg, etc) - you've just gone off and bought a beret (and badge), without having to go through the training (or wars)

I know there's a specific Russian unit that is very hostile to airsofters using their beret (came up on another forum)

I'd only get a unit beret if you're part of an official re-enactment group.

Plain berets, that are generic and have no obvious regimental ties are fine in my mind. Personally, I'd love to try and get one of those UN blue ones.

i plan to use my great grandfathers battalions cap badge (the battalion was disbanded after the somme) with a scottish glengarry and i've asked both my mother and and my grandfather (who was in WW2 but in a different regiment) and they both say that they'd be okay as an "in memorandum" type of thing. but i can understand people who serve in current regiments having a problem.

• Supporters

I understand why people like them and theyre quite cool, I dont mind people wearing them or anything, but i think ranks and other badges that need to be earnt should not be worn.

I know my dad (para) would go mental if he knew someone was wearing it and not in the para's.

Some will not mind, some will hate you for it,

Marcus

And dont get caught with the Marines Green Beret.... They will tear you a new hole to Poo ###### Or Talk out off the amount of $hit they had to go through to get that beret just to see some kid wearing it holding a Yank plastic gun?

• Supporters
And dont get caught with the Marines Green Beret.... They will tear you a new hole to Poo ###### Or Talk out off the amount of $hit they had to go through to get that beret just to see some kid wearing it holding a Yank plastic gun?

Amen to that

dare someone to go to america and where one in front of a green beret

Same with the Para's red beret or any other regiment for that matter and I don't blame them. They have to work really hard to earn them and dome of them die wearing them. I've heard a few stories of soldiers taking the helmets off and wearing their berets instead when they thaught they were going to die anyway. I don't see a problem wearing one as long as you don't have the regiment's insignia/cap badge.

UN arnt that bad cause they are made up of every tpye of force and unit.... THere basicly just peacekeepers

But u can understand Eliet forces not likeing you wearing there berets

• Supporters

I'm sure it'd be like one of us finding someone from another forum wearing an ASFUK badge on their shirt. We would NOT be impressed. but more extreme.

tbh, I see no need to wear one for airsoft, they aren't 'combat' headwear by any stretch of the imagination.

also, almost all airsofters would agree that they support the armed forces, even if they disagree with their current deployments. I would never wear a beret from a British unit out of respect, they do a job far harder than what many of us can even contemplate. anyone who says they support and respect the forces and then wear an elite unit's 'earned' beret is a complete hipocrite in my eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

It is simply this bretes are barrack dress and very rarely worn in theatre apart fom cyprus as U.N and as said they are earned especialy the cap badges. I hate people wearing berets especialy para or green berets as it to me is slightly disrespectfull as most who wear them dont hace a clue what its like to try to earn them.

i personally dont no why you would want to wear a berret .. iv seen a few people on site wearing them..and i think they look like wallys ;p

but thats just me

i remember a wee kid wearing dpm desert an osprey plate carrier

full webbing drop holsters (yes two of them) and a helmet for a full day

it most have been 60+ kg becouse he didnt so much a run but tread ground

when he moved

Hahaha oh wow!! :lol: Was this in a wood too? I find it hilarious when people wear acu/ddpm/multicam in woodland... but hey, whatever floats their boats...

infact im purchasing a us ranger/ blackhawk style plate carrier.. with foam inserts :P i dont think they will be stopping any bullets any time soon :P

Archived