UKARA is not the defence, it's a way to prove the defence.

Sacarathe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

lol, how big is this going to become? :D

As a noob it can be a little bit of a minefield. Maybe you should add BAC into this too?

2 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

How is BAC relevant to a discussion about UKARA?

My understanding is that UKARA isn't the only way to support the defence. But I'm the noob I was talking about :D

Edited, to make it clearer.

• Head Moderator

"UKARA is not the defence, it's a way to prove the defence."     [If you had put the question in your first post then I could have quoted it]

Agreed.

Site membership is my defence.  It proves that I am a regular skirmisher (x number of times within that years membership period).

I have never applied for UKARA, not all airsoft sites use or like the scheme, and because I do not buy from abroad have no need for the UKARA number to assist Customs.

• Head Moderator
Just now, Sacarathe said:

Your ZED adventures membership number is a UKARA number. :P

ZED Adventures are part of the UKARA scheme, and stamped my UKARA application form when I took out my site membership but I still have to send off the paperwork to get added to the UKARA database. 

Regarding UKARA numbers, no idea how the numbering system works are probably best to avoid discussing that because someone will post theirs and someone else will then try to "borrow" it to purchase a RIF. 

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

Site membership is my defence.  It proves that I am a regular skirmisher (x number of times within that years membership period).

No it isn't, your site membership is the SELLER's defence.  You don't need a defence because you're not the one committing a crime. 

/pedant

Archived